Is room size considered when they design speakers?

Never see speakers saying best used in a 15 x 15 room.   
Also, why do speaker cabinets tend to be larger as they get more expensive? Not easy to answer. I know bigger handles bigger drivers but is this the only reason?
emergingsoul
BIG speakers that move a lot of air, work better for me in a ported ROOM...Large Baffle speakers that DON’T move a lot of air but have a wide baffle add a LOT of early bass reflections BACK to the sweet spot. The smaller the room and the larger the speaker, the more I open the room up. I open two rear 36" french doors. It "ports" a lot of the extra bass and depressurizes the room plus tames the low mids. Those waves are still pretty long. they go right on out the doors behind the seated position..Along with Xtra bass ect.. works quite well

Look at the speakers I use the forward facing baffle is only 6-8" wide and the speaker is over 390 lb and 74" tall The rear baffle is 16"

The smaller version for smaller rooms is close in width but only has a 8" rear baffle and 48" tall. Either works just fine, there is a larger and smaller version too. Understand, these planars alone will handle 300 watt on the small ones and 500 on the Elixirs, They will leave you DEAF and calling 911.
Add the bass 300hz and below which (NOW) is comprised of columns (of course) 4 12" MB and 4 12" subs. THEY move the air.. the planars don’t.

You stand in front of those planars and turn um up, YOU’LL catch on fire. LOL. You stand in front of the MB columns, LOL it will push the air out of your chest... The subs, do what subs do... NOT MUCH...
Put on 50 cent.. hee hee.. Tape the windows on the french doors they will back the screws out of the sheetrock.. YUP.. No nails in that room..

With OB servo bass you can close the doors. weird.. Completely different how the room pressurises.

SIZE counts... I guess..

Regards
millercarbon, have you ever considered useful responses?

I have, and have come to the conclusion the most useful response isn’t always the one that takes the question the most seriously. And here’s one for you: have you noticed how when people attack me personally as you have just done, that’s okay? For example, it seems to be just fine for the usual schlubs and schlemiels to get on my case for recommending speakers, and they always do it in the most childish boring direct way imaginable. Like, scroll up, "millercarbon always about Tekton."

What is that like, third grade? No. Actually a lot of third-graders write better.

Me, I take the time to craft clever prose, which you must admit Ohmmmmm had to crack you up, at least a little. Probably more than a little. And the guy in question, he’s always going on about how great Ohmmmmmm are, you get the same perfect sound anywhere in the house. So he must be in a trance. It’s not useful to know? It must be stated in the same plodding style every time?

Consider creativity! Celebrate diversity! Or if you find that too hard, well at least maybe not be such a schlub?
millercarbon,

"What is that like, third grade? No. Actually a lot of third-graders write better."

Hanging around school playgrounds a little too much?

To craft your clever prose a little more readable, how about this...

"What is that like? Third grade? No. Actually, a lot of third-graders write better."

Looks better? I know, you may need to stay practicing during recess.
This is just my guess. I think that to a certain extent they consider the room size a certain design is optimal for. I don't think they would expect a customer to use standmounters in a large room, for example. Same as you cannot use a Tannoy Westminster in a tiny room. They don't go as far as providing room measurement specifics since it may cause audio nervosa and potentially turn away some customers because their room does not measure 15 x 15.