Class D

Been thinking of trying a D amp to reduce clutter. Most that I see are not rated at 2 ohms.  My PSB Stratus gold's will drop to 3 ohms or lower at some frequencies. So my question is will these types of amps handle this impedance ?
Thanks in advance. Chris
128x128zappas
Class D is Class D....  Well, in Stereophile and TAS context, Class D.     

And just because an amp uses tubes, doesn't make it good.  And just because an am is pure solid state doesn't make it good.   

Tell me georgehifi, why does Technics have to apply digital filters to correct for phase-shift in their magical Class-D amplifier? Huh?! Huh?!!!
to minimize the phase shift down in the audio band, with resorting to throwing more (music destroying) global feedback at it.

Some people wear their technical ignorance on their sleeve.

And just because an amp uses tubes, doesn’t make it good. And just because an am is pure solid state doesn’t make it good.

To me the purest form of amplification "so far" to date with least colourations, lowest distortions, unrestricted dynamics, unrestricted current ability even into very low impedances, and for hard to drive speakers
Is high biased Class-A push pull direct coupled solid state amplifier, using complimentary bi-polar output devices with appropriate power supply/s and input/driver stage.
Guess what some of them are? Gryphon, Classic/Krells, Dan/Agostino, some Mark Levinsons etc etc etc.

Unfortunately, these are heavy, costly, and expensive to run.

Many say Class-D is there, I say no not yet, unlike the few here will like to have you believe.
And many others say also myself there are problems with it in the upper mids/highs.
Also it definitely can’t compete with the above into hard low impedance loads of many of speakers, no matter how many watts they have.

Cheers George
That's a lot of amplifiers with a lot of feedback there @georgehifi, just like Soulution.

Seems you are talking out both sides of your mouth and trying to eat someone else's cake at the same time.

Does it ever occur to you that there is absolutely no consistency in what you posts?