Neil Young calls out Tidal

TIDAL is calling their files of my songs Masters. But TIDAL’s MQA files are not my masters. I make my masters - not TIDAL. I made my masters the way I wanted them to sound. If TIDAL referred to their titles as TIDAL MASTERS, I would have no problem, but they don’t. They call them Masters. I had my music removed from that platform. They are not my masters.”.

https://www.realhd-audio.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/210118_NYA.jpg

128x128fuzztone
Some of you guys should be ashamed with the rudness and the ignorance.

Firstly, he’s Neil Young. American Citizen, cultural icon, a success with a net worth between 50 and 80 million. More than you made I bet.

One of the greatest artists of his era or any era. His guitars and amps are all about sound quality. His records are too. He was an early adopter of Pacific Microsonics. Neil KNOWS GREAT TONE.
And you ? Who are you? Internet trolls with spending money for HI Fi. You are consumers, nothing more.

More importantly the truth is the truth, and there is no room for compromise or mincing words with the truth. Five solid years of 45 lying daily should have us all on the side of truth telling by now.

MQA is NOT a brand name. It is sold to be AUTHENTICATED BY THE MASTERING ENGINEER in the mastering room. And that’s a lie. The blue light means nothing but distortion added on top of the master.
The actual master is the sample depth and bit rate of the mastering session. There is nothing better, full stop.
There are some great sounding 16/44.1 masters out there from the 80s. The numbers mean nothing much to quality.

MQA is sold to be fixing PCM and closer to the source and that’s a lie. After years of Bob Stuart saying PCM was all anyone needs to hear everything, he changed his tune for cash. Sad end to a good life.

It’s an open filter on the top end resulting in some harmonic distortion you might enjoy ... yet it’s changing the sound that was approved by the production team and the artists, to make Bob and Co. money after Netflix killed their DVD $$$. It’s a bold scam and it’s rude and it’s unscrupulous.

Instead I read ...
Neil is "petty and jealous".  Neil should "Go to Hell".   Neil should have played what you wanted in a concert.
Pathetic.

Rude.

Stay in your lane men, Neil is correct and has the principles you lack.

He plays whatever the hell he likes at solo concerts and couldn't care less what anybody thinks. I bet he thinks if right before he plays it. When he is with Crazy Horse it's more planned.

I'ver seen him probably 8 or more times and each time is different. The short tours are the best. I have several of his most popular/best albums and sometimes I only know half the songs. Plus he'll play a cover or two that is always better than the original.

He is the real deal. No BS - as he says, "what you see is what you get".

I don't think he is the best businessman. Kind of a hippie with money. I'm sure he lost a ton trying to fight Apple with that Pono thing for better quality. He is a true artist and cares tremendously about quality of records, sound at concerts, etc.
Hmm well no Neil Young on Tidal is a big downer. It’s not such a big deal. Just work it out IMHO. Call it whatever makes everyone happy. As long as it’s there and sounds good. Nobody really cares about the politics.  Everyone needs a chill pill. 
I have always loved Neil Young’s music. Him personally, meh. But I don’t get it. It seems like he’s ranting over semantics. 
Several years ago I met Mr. Stuart at an audio show introducing TIDAL. I had a question. Since the bitrate supported, speed and bandwidth of the interweb was increasing exponentially, and solid state storage was shrinking in price, I asked him how long it would be before true hi resolution master files could be streamed natively. I also asked him when that day came, what would that do to his business?
He had no answer then. Today, reality is pressing on his business. I guess that is the answer.