Benefit of a Newer (Used) DAC - "Bang for the Buck?"

Despite having a SO who fails to understand why anyone would spend more than $100 on a “radio,” I’ve managed (over several years) to covertly assemble a fairly decent home audio system.  (My prize acquisition being a $500 set of LN Belle Klipsch loudspeakers off CraigsList).

At any rate, relying on quality used equipment that is past its technological “expiration date” has, under the circumstances, served me reasonably well. However, I’m now to the point where I’d like to (again) update several components – namely, the DAC.  

I’m currently running a Cambridge CXC transport through a Genesis digital lens and a Muse Model Two DAC – both of which, while fully functional, are fairly dated.  Realistically, how much noticeable impact can I expect from a newer (used) DAC – like a Bryston BDA-2 or MHDT Pagoda (for example)?  FWIW, my current setup does everything I need it to (i.e., play Red Book CDs).

In advance, thanks for any advice/feedback.

tds3371
I'm not really trying to sell that dac, just noting that you may or may not find anything new an upgrade. Defintely don't assume it'll sound better just because it's based on a new chip.

I'd look for a good power supply first if I were guessing about outcome.
Unfortunately, it is like asking us if you will like Mutsu or Fuji apples better. I have no idea and no one else will either.

If you are looking for near the most accurate and uncolored sound possible, your current CD player into a Qutest or Benchmark DAC would be a significant step up from where you are now. Heck running the Time Lens with the dither off into a $150 Topping E30 would be a big step up in performance from what you have now.

If you love the sound of vinyl no matter the genre or performance, then there are probably better options out there that will more closely replicate that vinyl sound.

If you are looking for where to spend money, it is almost always acoustics.  Another area in your case, though, is the crossovers in those speakers. Belle's are from the early 70's. If those crossovers have not been updated / upgraded, then they are well past their time. The electrolytic capacitors specs would have changed considerably over that time to the point where the crossover points could have moved quite a bit.
Maybe read up on the RME ADI-2 . I've had demo model for a week. It's real nice. 
Actually, @audio2design, you've answered my question:  Is money expended on replacing an old DAC likely to result in an audible upgrade?  Sounds like it will - even it the replacement is an entry-level version. That's all I needed to know; I can now move forward re: model specifics.

For the record, the Belles I own were manufactured in 1984 - and have new Crites AB-2 crossovers.  The original Klipsch AB crossovers in these speakers were not particularly good; Bob won't even rebuild them. Production of the Belles was phased out in ~2005.