New to analog

I spent the last 6-8 months building a decent (at least to me) system that I enjoy quite a bit. I sold my CD player about a year ago and currently only relying on streaming. I was in the market for a nice CD player but figured why not give this analog thing a shot and see what all the fuss is about. So here we are :)

One thing to keep in mind is that while I might be a total noob when it comes to analog/vinyl, I've been dabbling in audio for almost 15 years and have gone through my fair share of system. So I have a good idea of what I like -- warmth over neutrality, but not overly lush. I like dynamics but not at the expense of timber and tonality. Mostly listen to jazz, vocals, classical, and classic rock. My system includes ...

Sonore opticalRendu streaming via Roon/Qobuz/Tidal
Luxman DA-06 DAC
Luxman 590AXII
Sonus Faber Olympica II

My goal in building an analog rig is to treat it as a journey instead of trying to get to the end game right away. I want to start with buying a turntable and use the phono stage in my Luxman. Just like other things in audio, I suspect there's a tipping point, in terms of dollars, below which you cannot appreciate what analog brings to the table. I know a few folks who bought fairly low end TTs and gave up claiming that vinyl is no better than CDs. I don't know if that really is the case, or they were playing below the tipping point. So the question is where does that point lie? I obviously don't want to start with SOTA turntables but also don't want to cheapen out so much that I'm not able to experience the magic if you will. So now on to some specific questions ...

1. Since I'm starting out, I want to buy used to maximize value and stay within the sweet spot (whatever that happens to be). Good idea? Or too risky given so many moving parts (literally) when it comes to turntables? Is $2500 a decent target for used and 'gentle' introduction? Feel free to suggest cheaper alternatives by all means. At this point, I want to set the bar to a max of $3000.

2. Which manufacturers/models to consider and which to stay away from? I don't want something that's too complex for a newbie. I know that I will be upgrading in the future so something with good resale value would be nice.

3. I've seen some TTs sold without cartridges. Given that I'm totally inexperienced I think I want to get something that includes everything except phono stage. Am I overthinking, or should I be open to buying separately?

4. Finally, feel free to share any obvious do's and don'ts that I should keep in mind.
128x128arafiq
@arafiq, here you go. All you have to do is plug it in and you are good to go. For $3000 it would be very hard to do better. You will love the cartridge. It is superb. https://elusivedisc.com/clearaudio-concept-black-turntable-maestro-v2-mm-cartridge-satisfy-tonearm-c...

I have purchased 3 cartridges and over 100 Albums from Elusive Disc and their service has been exemplary. So much so that I owe it to them to send them business. I have no financial connection to them what so ever.  
+1 on buying from a local dealer, shipping turntables is difficult and fraught with danger. A good dealer will set the table up for you and help you troubleshoot any issues that arise. Also a dealer can offer you an upgrade path most likely if you want to move higher up in whatever brand you choose. And of course the chance to both audition and return if unsatisfied.
Two brands have not been mentioned yet so I'll mention them. 
SME and Roksan. Take a look. I don't know if you could get even used SME with tonearm for $3k, though.
In any case, I would go British.
Technics would play alright but it's in essence DJ table, don't expect sophisticated sound. Rega is mass market.
Nottingham conveys emotions of what is being played, that's why it has such a cult following.
https://www.tonepublications.com/review/review-the-funk-firm-little-super-deck/
Very capable deck with the best arm in price range. I always liked Arthur's designs. 
That leaves you approx with 1k for the cartridge.
Otherwise usual suspects, Rega, Thorens, VPI, Project, Clearaudio, Technics...
Or in the used market for Nottingham, Linn, Roxan, Avid...
Good hunting.

G
Best bang for the buck is to find a used turntable for sale from local audiophiles. But it does not come as often as it used to be.
As suggested, Technics 1200GR with $300 ~ $500 MM cartridge and similarly priced phono preamp would work nicely with your gears.
Then, buy some records (new, used, from ebay, discogs, ...) and enjoy the music. Be aware that not all vinyls sound better than CDs. There are many poorly recorded or pressed records that sound like CDs or even worse. Usually those audiophile records with superb sound quality cost a lot more. 
You may have an urge to upgrade in a few (?) years,  but you would need to invest whole lot more to get better. By then you would have a lot more knowledge about Analog and you can make a better decision for which turntable, which tonearm, MM or MC, ... to go for.