The Synergistic Research Orange Fuse ... Further thoughts.

Here are my observations after several weeks of burning in the new SR Orange fuses:

1. The sound has a more relaxed presentation. 

2.  Clarity - There is less grain. I thought I had this beat, but evidently not. 

3.  The soundstage has expanded further and instruments and performers are more well-placed inside the stage. The presentation is a lot more three-dimensional. 

4.  More articulation on voices. Vocals are more organically human in nature. While listening to Kevin Mahogany sing "Skylark," I hung on every note and word in the lyrics. Massed voices, like those heard on the Norman Luboff Choir's "But Beautiful" album, are more delineated. The solo instruments are more present than ever before also.

5.  There is a definite improvement in dynamics. Drum solos place the drummer right there in the room with you. Rim shots, bongos, congas and big bass drums are amazing. So are vibes. Cal Tjader and Victor Feldman ... Welcome to the party. 

6.  There has been a further improvement in tonal accuracy. String instruments have taken on a new dimension.  

7.   Among other improvements, there has been a slight amount of welcome warmth added to the mid-bass. The music, as a result, has become more emotionally involving. A little more tube-like in a very nice way.

8.  More meat on the bones overall. Massed strings are beautiful.  Bach's "Air on a G String" ... simply beautiful.  

9.  Lastley, I can set the volume control lower and get the same volume in sound as before.

Overall ... the new Orange fuse is a real winner in my system. 

Highly recommended. 

Frank

128x128oregonpapa
Your sourse components do first ,since the music starts there it is the most critical part of the chain.
nobody speaks of runin time Synergistic says 2-300 hours. 100 hours brings it over 90% 
always should  if possible Go to a bit bigger size for these are accurate and Can blow  ,standard buzz fuse can vary over 15-20%, I found out the hard way with earlier versions.
theone in mySchiit Yggsdrasil made a very noticable improvement 
my preamp section nowreplacing orangefrom blue , very overpriced imo, but worth it. Also as far as snake oil comments 
great electronics Gurus like John Curl, and Nelson Pass as a small example has used them ,and they may know a thing or two about Electronics engineering !! There is on average 4 x less resistance  from these top fuses vs the steel,zinc fuses,just lookup metals resistance index .the steel fuses are a bottleneck .
How about breakin time on these orange fuses ?
I have 50 hours on them and the treble is tilted at least 15% higher 
then when I had the stock fuses in there.
Did you find the sound mellowed after the break in period for the fuse? I do like the sound but I’m finding it a little harsh or cool sounding. 
Thanks in advance 

I have the Sr orange fuses in both of my systems, and 9 components in total. I bought them all at the same time, got 30% off . Was a $1600.00 investment, and well worth the money. The fuses were the last tweak in my system. I don't have the 200 plus runtime hours on them yet, but there was a noticeable change instantly. 

One of the best investments i made was room treatments. I have roughly $50,000.00 worth of gear in my main system listening room, i bought Vicoustic diffusers, and 2 sets of SR frequency transducers. For $2000.00 they changed the size shape and sound of the soundstage & presentation the most. I have absorption panels in place as well. My room is 13 feet x 19 feet, and i feel like i am sitting in a huge concert hall. I have taken great efforts to be thoughtful as to what i have added to my systems to achieve the sound i was looking for. A Saturn 103 C power conditioner with all good quality power cables, has given me a ZERO NOISE FLOOR. I hear dead silence in between beat of music or lyrics sung. The room is as critical as the gear, once you get them married, it is musical bliss.

@hilroy ---what did the SR frequency Transducers do?  I have 18 SR HFT's and I really don't see a change.