SEEKING A QUALITY CDR

I have been downloading music from Music Giants. Com for the last two weeks and all I can say is that the fidelity is better than many of the store bought cd's that I own.
Now that I've purchased the music I would like to make a
CD, but what blank cdr to buy? The Mobile Fidelity Gold disk is $95.00 for 50 cd's. Is there anybody out there that could recommend a blank quality CDR for music?
Thnaks in advance. By the way the quality of the music
from Music Giants amazes me. Give it a try, it is $1.29 per song, but totally destroys, I Tunes, Rhapsody and the
rest. By the way, I'm in New York and they are in Nevada,
my only association is that I am a satisified customer. By the way they have nice people to speak to in customer service. Yes, would you beleieve customer service, most members of Audiogon may remember the term.
kjl
"Audio" cdrs are not necessary when using a computer burner. You probably paid a little extra due to a tax put on audio cdrs.
http://www.feurio.com/English/faq/faq_vocable_audiocdr.shtml
Piano632 wrote:-
"Another excellent brand is Taiyo Yuden. Some (not all) Fuji & Maxell CD-R are Taiyo Yuden (but only if they say "Made in Japan" on the packaging)."

agree! I've had experience only w/ Taiyo-Yuden disks in the form of Fuji & Maxell CD-R Pro. The packages always say "Made in Japan" otherwise I do not buy them. the recording surface is green-ish silver in colour. I've had very good experience w/ these blank CD-Rs. Walmart has the Maxell CD-R Pro for $7.50 + tax for a 10-pack w/ slim jewel cases. I believe that Office Depot or Office Max has the Fuji blank CD-Rs.
The reason why the fidelity is better than a bought CD is because you are playing through a computer - or burning to a CDR, which improves the quality.

You can do the same with the bought CDs - just use EAC program to get it into our computer, and burn it on a Taiyo Yuden CDr.

You can improve the quality still by using a program like the one that comes with the creative MP3 players - it converts wav files to 192 kh.

You can burn it using window media. Make sure you use the slowest speed your cd writer allowes.

You can get the EAC and the feurio program for free !
Just google for them.

When you do this, digital sounds quite satisfying...
You don't have to go back to LP.
Not sure how ripping and burning a CD causes it to sound better, even with the upsampling (as higher sample rates are primarily used to get filters far, far away from the audio band, and by the time a CD has been produced they've already been introduced), but I guess that's not relevant to the original question. I like MAM-A Gold and Quantegy Gold CDRs. Never had any issues, and we're using between 100-200 a month.