JBL 4349 or Klipsch Cornwall IV

I need some input on these speakers, I will be able to try 4349 in my home in some time but Cornwall IV is difficult to audition, no dealers nearby. Any input is highly appreciated.

I listen to rock, metal, classical music, jazz, americana and occasionally some country. I have Mark Levinson pre and power (power is not an issue with the JBLs although I might have to change amp for the Cornwalls). My room is roughly 16x18 with a 10 feet ceiling.

I have listened to JBL L100 and while I enjoyed them with classical, jazz and metal, I did not find them to be very good for rock. The treble was slightly harsh and since the loudspeaker did not sound very open or engaging at lower volumes, the treble became very noticeable when the volume was dialled up. But like I said, they brought life to classical and jazz, that’s why I’m now looking at 4349 or maybe Cornwall IVs which have gotten some very nice reviews.

johnek
@ozzy62 What’s your take on the Cornwall, do you feel they are forgiving of less than stellar recordings? Tone recently published a review where they claim the Cornwall is slightly forgiving, if that’s true I’m definitely going for it. 
The Cornwall is such an excellent speaker at what it does. For a rocker on a budget it is first class. You do not have to worry about your amp, just about anything will drive the Cornwalls to crazy levels. Down the line if you cross to subwoofers between 80 and 100 Hz you will really be cooking. I have never listened to the JBLs so I can't comment.
As far as forgiving goes I'm not sure I can give you a meaningful answer. Horns are very detailed if you feed them trash like a bad pressing played with a less than stellar cartridge you are not going to like the sound. If it is just a poor recording then you will be fine. The Cornwalls will not mask anything. It is important that your program sources are up to the job but that is true of any fine loudspeaker. 
can't talk about the whole line but I read a review on the L100s cabinet construction was not great
I'm not sure I'd call them forgiving, but they don't shine a light on poor recordings.  I can listen to most anything on them.

@mijostyn, are you talking about earlier Cornwalls or the latest?

Oz

Whichever one you listen to make sure you warm up and play for at least three hours to determine the sound a lot of high or higher efficiency systems take time to warm up to sound their best do not make quick judgements and buy the one you like but the cornwall will be very amplifier dependent.