Colapse to Hegel

dang, missed the 2nd l in Collapse :/

Speakers: Focal Aria 926
Thinking about moving from my Wadia 321 -->Rogue RP-1 (matched Mullards) --> PS Audio S300 to a Hegel Rost. Can get a good deal now on the discontinued Rost. The money I get from the sale of the Rogue and S300 would more than pay for the Rost. Keep the Wadi if Rost DAC does not stand up.
I am going to try get in home audition of Rost this weekend from my LD. If I fall in love with the Hegel sound I could look at one of the newer Hegels (latest DAC) and double the price but could dump the Wadia (to cover additional cost) and have everything in one box I suppose. Been running class D for many moons (not Six Moons) and am just intrigued to see if Class A/B can pull me away from my beloved Tube pre ->Class D config.

comments welcome
128x128jbuhl
I just finally gave up the Vanguard Digital for the K 300i Digital.  The K 300i is superior in several aspects.  It has far more engaging tone, detail and dimensionality along with a bit more warmth that just makes everything sound that much more authentic and organic sounding.  Instrument voicing is extremely realistic and bass pitch and definition are superb.  The substantially lower noise floor is also evident on demanding source material...cleaner and purer.  The DAC is world class and musical.  Value is SOTA for $8k...that’s a bargain!
I tried Focal (1028be) with Hegel 190, but didn't like the sound at all. Be careful with Aria, if its top is similar like Electra (I know Aria doesn't have Be tweeter, but still...), not sure if it will be a good synergy. 
Hegel has great amps, but with Focal sound was boring, flat, not musical at all, and I tried bunch of amps with that speaker.
Almost finished with the Demo on the Rost.  Very impressive little 50W amp.  I played music through it for 24 hours before I started listening.  Very pleasing high quality sound from an entry level integrated. I used my Wadia 321 streaming (Qobuz, Roon on SGC ST , Bryston BDP Pi endpoint) and compared it directly with my Rogue Tube->Class D combo.   Only knock on it was the bass on some recordings sounded a bit muddy but it could have just been my perception.   I did compare the internal DAC with the Wadia and thought the Wadia produced a better sound stage and depth (As it should).  Rost Didnt produce a bunch of heat either.  Loved the solidly built remote, much better than the cheese plastic of the Rogue.  Proly stay with my current setup but will be taking a hard look at the new H95.   This Rost is on sale at ListenUp for ~$1.8K and would be worth consideration for anyone looking for an integrated priced <$2k.
Just tested with the Balanced connections (Wadia 321 --> Rost) . Dang,  The little Rost came alive.    Sheesh wanna am I gonna do now ?  Sigh.
Just picked up a Simaudio Moon Ace from Lyric Hifi.  Demo, with ten year warranty. Replaced Belles Aria integrated, Ayre Codex dac and Bryston bdp-pi streamer.  With my Vandersteen VLR speakers there is great system synergy and plenty of power, not to mention less clutter.