Harley quote

Regarding two aftermarket power cables: "These differences in the shapes of the musical waveforms are far too small to see or measure with even the most sophisticated technology, yet we as listeners not only routinely discriminate such differences, we sometimes find musical meaning in these differences."

Nonsense. Just because people claim to "routinely discriminate" differences doesn't mean it's true or they're right. Apparently many have witnessed UFOs but that doesn't mean they actually saw extraterrestrial visitors, does it? Some have seen/heard a deity speaking to them "routinely"; does that imply that they are surely communing with an unseen/unmeasurable spiritual force(s)? Can we not put a little more effort into confirmatory reality-testing first when "the most sophisticated technology" can find nothing in 2020? (Of course, speaker cables can measure differently as per here, here, even if not necessarily audible in many cases by the time we connect amp to speaker.)

ARCHIMAGO
128x128fuzztone
Thank goodness some of these opposing viewpoints don't have actual armies at the ready, to literally slay the other side, because they would for the sake of being right.

I could never understand how deeply religious some get over so trivial a matter of what and how other people hear.

All the best,
Nonoise
While Archimago is absolutely right in everything he states, I am sure many people here will never let their strong conviction be swayed by reality. When one is convinced of one's own superiority, then one tends to put more faith in what they believe than what can be proven.

It is absolutely unquestionable beyond any shadow of a doubt that digital, especially anything approaching high res can far far more accurately reproduce an ANALOG waveform than can a vinyl playback system or reel-to-reel. And let's be honest, that is all they are doing, recreating an analog waveform. No more, no less. All these flowery words about the ear, human perception, etc. is meaningless. All these devices do is recreate an analog waveform. 

Simple case in point. Record a record on a high end system to digital and play it back on a technically accurate DAC (not expensive, technically accurate) and you will have a very hard time differentiating them if you can at all.  Take a high res digital track, and convert it to vinyl (or reel-to-reel), using whatever process you want, and you will always be able to quickly tell the two apart.  If audiophiles applied basic logic, they would understand this means that vinyl is nothing more than the sum of its colorations and if you like it (I often do), there is nothing wrong with that, but just treat it as what it is.

While Archimago is absolutely right in everything he states,
                                     &
It is absolutely unquestionable beyond any shadow of a doubt.
And, ladies and gentlemen, there you have it, the ramblings of a true zealot.

All the best,
Nonoise
fuzztone:
No I didn't say it. I thought it would provoke discussion.

Last chance, before I conclude you are stone dead incapable of understanding even the simplest thing. Here is your post:

Harley quote

Regarding two aftermarket power cables: "These differences in the shapes of the musical waveforms are far too small to see or measure with even the most sophisticated technology, yet we as listeners not only routinely discriminate such differences, we sometimes find musical meaning in these differences."

Nonsense. 

Did you or did you not write, "Nonsense"?

If not you then who said it was nonsense? 

It was you, right? Right????!

"Textbook trolling going on here."

How many here have held a textbook in their hands, not even asking about reading, within last five years?