Spendor D9.2 vs Proac D48r

Has anyone been able to listen to both and able to provide some feedback or comparisons ? They seem to be both highly regarded and competitors. I mostly listen to rock and blues and use a Bryston 14b3 power amp.

Any feedback is appreciated as auditioning right now isn't possible
dallyd31
+1 alexberger. Take a look at the Spendor Classic 1/2.

Or the Graham Audio LS 5/9f.
I was considering the D series because I listen to mostly rock, classic rock and blues rock.  The Harbeth's, although very nice,  don;t really have the punch I am looking for, for the style of music I listen to.
@dallyd31,I saw and listened to the Dynaudio Contour 60 at AXPONA 2017 and also at a dealer. "Stimela" was the song that impressed the crowd. In the right room, they can sound pretty good and not sound boomy. And you are right ProAc and Spendors are more "immediate". I know EXACTLY what you mean, having heard Dynaudio, Harbeth, Spendor and ProAc. If a person were to be gifted with any of these 4 brand of speakers, he can easily live them for years to come.The good thing is that @audioconnection (JohnnyR) has indicated that the D48R can work in your room. Send a PM to him and maybe share some pics so that he can make specific recommendation on placement. I cannot tell you how much I look forward to listening to music on my ProAcs. Was listening to "Jazz Variants" by O-Zone Percussion Group last evening and I am grateful to own these loudspeakers. BTW, what are your current speakers?
OP,
I haven't listened to the Spendor D series, so I can't comment on how they compare. But I do disagree that the larger ProAcs are guaranteed to be a problem in your room.

I have a 14x18 room that becomes 12ft wide halfway across the room, with D38's along the 12ft wall, and do not have any bass issues.

I have previously owned the D28 and Studio 140 Mk2 in the same room. In my room, the D38 has better bass control, better driver integration, and less cabinet resonance. They also have more a realistic soundstage, with improved image placement and depth (more 3-dimensional stage). I like the D28 a lot, but it's not a smaller version of D38. They have different driver arrangements, impedance, and cabinet resonance. However, they all share the overall ProAc sound, have great imaging, and not fussy about placement in my experience.

The ProAc D2 is one of my favorite standmounts, but I would go with a floorstander in your room.

I've compared the previous Spendor models to ProAc in the same dealer room, and found Spendor to be less engaging. This has supposedly improved with the D series, but I haven't heard them yet.

I also owned Dynaudio Contour S1.4 LE in the same 12-14x18 room, thinking I should try a smaller/different speaker at one time, and they literally lasted one week before I went to something else (D38). They were also not engaging to me.

I also listen primarily to rock and blues and am very happy with my system overall, but found that cable selection can make a difference in a somewhat revealing system. I'm driving my D38's with Simaudio Evolution Series integrated amp and CD player. I can listen to many rock recordings at levels higher than I care to and the sound is fantastic, and poorer recordings at low/moderate volume due to revealing nature of system.

Sorry for long reply, but I finally found a thread where I may be of use :-)

Thanks @gary_c   I really appreciate your detailed feedback.  Very helpful.  @milpai   I just sold my Contour 60, so currently I am speaker-less.  I need something soon though, its getting boring with no sound !!!
The Contour 60's were VERY big. But I just found them too "soft" for my liking.  They sound fantastic, don't get me wrong, it is just a personal preference that I prefer a less laid back speaker