Class D

Been thinking of trying a D amp to reduce clutter. Most that I see are not rated at 2 ohms.  My PSB Stratus gold's will drop to 3 ohms or lower at some frequencies. So my question is will these types of amps handle this impedance ?
Thanks in advance. Chris
128x128zappas
I purchased a Rotel RMB-1575 just as a first plunge into the class D world. It’s 250 watt x five channel in 8 ohm, 500 watt @ 4 ohm. My RBH Reference gear is four ohm. This amp could destroy my basement with freakish volume and all the while, cool to the touch. I drove a twin pair of reference subs that use twin 10” reference drivers as well. Shakes the foundation. It’s 18 lbs, makes no sense to have that kind of power 

and the sound is absolutely beautiful. 
I love the scientific talk of why one Amp might be better than another and if money was no object I could see this discussion going on forever, some for and some against. Without more information though (budget) I will answer as to my personal experience and limited amount of funds. To start out I assume that you have one of the original PSB Stratus Gold's as written about here: 

https://www.stereophile.com/content/psb-stratus-gold-loudspeaker-specifications

The set from the early nineties does dip below 4 Ohms but does not go below 3 Ohms and should be no problem for most well respected Class D Amps. 

The later set though from the late nineties does dip about an Ohm lower and in a lower frequency range making these I would say, harder to drive. 

I have Tekton Double Impact speakers (I did purchase the upgrade package and the 4 ohm version) and though there is not an awful lot of information out there on the impendence curve of these speakers I have found them hard to drive at mid to high volume with the limited amount of money that I have to spend on this hobby. I finally settled on the Peachtree Nova 300. It sounds fantastic and is in all in one box unit that is rated into 2 ohms. I can now crank it loud enough that you can here it inside my neighbors house and it runs somewhat cool. It will get warm with prolonged high volume listening, this leads me to believe that these speakers demand more current than we are lead to believe. If you are worried about it just step up to the the Nova 500. I have found many places that will let you do a free home trial or in some cases just pay the restocking fee if you do not like it. I would say for the money they are hard to beat with versatility and sound from a "1 box does it all" stand point.

https://www.peachtreeaudio.com/collections/amplifiers/products/nova500
I have run D-Sonics Class D M3a-1500M monoblocks with Maggie 3.7i's for about a year now.  They are very good.  I have tried McIntosh, Bryston and these are far better.  Way better than I would expect for under $3000. monoblocks.  I even ran them in my reference system that I run MC 601's and Sonus Fabers....Mc's better in this rig but the D-Sonics performed way better than you would think for about 1/5th of the price.  With the Maggies, in a very large room, they are outstanding!
Class D - lifeless.
  Midrange,  no depth, no crunch
highs, , subdued, lifeless.

bass ok, but no feeling, dry and tight.

Not,for me.

A  or A/AB is the ticket to enjoyment.