Better Amp for Cornwall IV's...

...Parasound 2250 v.2 / 200 Pre combo, which I own, or Denon PMA-1600NE integrated, which I don't, but I admire the build quality and appearance of?  My Parasound is rated 275W into 8 Ohms / 400W into 4, while the Denon is 70W into 8 and 140 into 4.  Of course, the Klipsch Cornwall IV's are quite sensitive and are rated 8 Ohms.  Maybe more than which is better, which would you all prefer?
jdmccall56
As mentioned on the Klipsch Forum, I really do think you would be happy with the Denon PMA-1600NE.  I don't think you will squeeze any more "performance" out of the Denon over the Parasound combo but you might like the synergy better.  Who knows until you try.  If the newer Denon integrated amps follow suite of the older 80's/90's Denon integrated amps, then you are in for a real treat if you go that route.  Also, don't be put off by the 70/140 watts per channel of the Denon.  You will be pleasantly surprised by the dynamics and thump of the bass, IMO.

Bill

I second the previous recommendation to go with tubes. 

You could get a relatively inexpensive ss DAC as there are many good ones available.  Most are Chinese but they sound great and are priced very well.  Check the reviews, including Youtube.

As long as you own the Cornwall IV you can go with any of a variety of low power tube amps. There are many good tube amps available.  Again, check the reviews.  

To start with, check out the Reisong A10 EL34.  You can get these on Amazon for a low price (419) and return it if you don't like it.

Some folks on here will berate Chinese amps but if you're careful in your shopping you cannot beat them for the money.  
At a 102db you could rub two sticks together to make them make a sound.

I would get the purest solid state Class-A single ended amps.
Look at the Nelson Pass Aleph range of beasts, you can get them used also.
https://www.passlabs.com/technical_article/single-ended-class-a/

Cheers George
Phono stage is not a big issue for me as I seldom spin vinyl and have not bought an LP since 1985.
I have read that the dac in the Denon is just so-so, but personally, I haven't heard enough difference in dacs to get worked up about.
I have the Denon DCD1600NE SACD player and love it!  That's what got me jazzed about the Denon amp; that and it's 4-Ohm power rating and gorgeous looks.  (Yes, I know I'm weird.)  But...I'm concerned about going from my Parasound's big power down to a "mere" 70 8-Ohm Watts.  That, and my Parasound pre does have some really cool features that I hate to give up: bass management, remote tone and balance, volume display, etc.  And it sounds fine to me.  Of course, I'd have to sell the Parasound pair to get the Denon int. and would no doubt still come up a few hundred shy...but day-um it's nice!
For that price you can get a custom made Dennis Had SEP tube amp and one just so happens to be listed on eBay right now!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/STEREO-TUBE-AMPLIFIER-INSPIRE-by-DENNIS-HAD-CLASS-A-SINGLE-ENDED-KT88-AMPLI...

Also, I can't believe my first post is pointing someone to an amp that I might bid on. Oh well, should save me some money.