Preamp choices:Short list

Ok so I want to transition to a truly balanced system. My current components are single ended only. I have 3 choices of pre's: BAT vk-42SE, BAT vk-23SE or Rogue RP-7. Are there any clear front runners? (Note the 42SE is older, carries risk of servicing?). Thanks
jimbones
The people in here speaking up AGAINST the common mode noise rejection offered by true balanced connections/designs are Luddites.

In no case is SE better than balanced. 
Post removed 
I'll offer that my BAT VK-33SE is outstanding.  Of all my gear over past years never have I had a better staging and imaging than with the VK-33SE.  As for the two BAT preamps you cited, the VK-42SE is by far the superior over the VK-23.  
BAT is excellent in their service ethics.  If ever you needed any service on the VK-42SE you would be taken care of very well.
I hope this helps you.
mazian

how old is that quote?

Ive been a ’phile for 5 decades. Paul McGowan (PS Audio) was one of the first to make reasonably priced differentially/true balanced components, but it took many decades to catch on.

Much/most of the components with XLR I/Os are not true balanced, but thankfully true balanced is becoming more available at reasonable prices

hth