Building the Audio Note Kit 1 SET amp...

Hi, Folks,
If anyone's interested, I've started a blog with lots of photos, documenting my ongoing build of the Audio Note Kit 1 300B SET amp. If you've ever thought of building any kit before and want to get a feel for what it's like, you're welcome to have a look!
rebbi
I forgot to mention again......your the man! I so enjoy looking through and reading your blog. You have me wanting to buy an ANote kit. I look forward to hearing your impressions of the sound.
Grannyring is right. I do the same on my amp. The point is to have the output wires from the output trannies directly in contact with your speaker wires. If you can get rid of the terminations on your speaker wires even better. Although if you do remove the termination on you your cables in some cases you can risk lowering the value for resale. -Jet
Careful Rebbi, that's the signpost up ahead, you could soon be entering the "Tweak-light" Zone, where ordinary things don't happen very often.
Grannyring: Wow, that's interesting. I think I'll see how the amp sounds with a conventional build, first. I can always do your mod later if I want to try. That's the nice thing about this process - I know where everything is and how it's connected! :-)
I have had three different Kit One's over the years, going back to the days when Angela Instruments sold them. I wrote a review waaaayyyyy back for Positive Feedback when it was a print journal, and Art Dudley has written about it in the old Listener magazine.
I have a pair of the L4 monoblocks now and they are simply excellent in every way. I am also getting ready to build a pair of the new dual 300B interstage monoblocks for my late winter project.
Brian Smith is a great guy to work with on these kits and pretty passionate about keeping them as state of the art products. They are a screaming deal compared to a finished product of this quality, for those who can solder.