A DAC to help overcome compressed music?

I have found after upgrading my system, to a much higher level then I ever had before, that with some of the music I enjoy I can now really hear how compressed the music is. I could always tell, but now it’s really obvious to the point of wondering what I can do about it - from a digital source perspective. Would perhaps a certain type of DAC or DAC’s that have various different settings as some do, help “improve” the compression in some way? Or do I simply need to live with it? I am sure there are many others that have had this happen to them. I use a Bluesound or Qobuz currently. 
128x128deadhead1000
If you mean loudness wars, a DAC ain't gonna fix it. You can remix with reLife or expand with a RG Sig One. Good luck finding that. I got mine in Roger's basement and he is long gone.
You could try a dBx 117 or 119. There are some on Reverb and Canuck A Mart.

I'm using a Bluesound Vault 2i with Ayre Codex Qobuz
with great results nice open sound stage 

Enjoy the Music
Tom
The rest of my system is a Luxman 590AX II (class A) and Harbeth 30.2. So for a clearer idea of what I mean by compressed, compare an Emmylou Harris, Nanci Griffith album to Alicia Keys or Diana Krall album (ignoring genre for now). The former sounds flat, bland, the later so alive, open and natural. So I am guessing the former is due to being compressed, as mentioned, the loudness wars, so it was made for listening from FM, cassettes, or cheap record players and I'll have to live with it. I actually have used DBX in a past system, but never liked what it did. I appreciate the suggestion of the Ayre since you have a bluesound also. So, perhaps upsampling like the Ayre does will help? Perhaps an R2R rather then FPGA? Or maybe I'm just trying to just improve (not fix!) something that can't be. Wouldn't be the first time.