Tweeters are silent on my Wilson audio Sofia 2

Hello everybody, I’ve had the Wilson Audio Sofia 2 for over 10 years , always had a feeling that there were lacking the crisp clear highs I’ve enjoyed from the previous Sofia 1 .
I changed locations , amps , speaker cables , processor to no avail - still very muffy dull sound lacking treble/highs in all types of music , in both stereo and multi channel .
I already changed the resistors - no change in sound .
I hooked up to the same set up other speakers from another room (SVS Ultra , B&O) and also my center channel Wilson Audio Watch speaker and I am getting great sound so I know it is not my gear that causing the issue.
Gear used :
Speaker cables :Transparent reference MusicWave Super.
Amp : Emotiva XPA 2 -Gen 2 & Outlaw Audio 770
Processor: Marantz AV8805
CD : Marantz 6007
Subwoofer : Velodyne DD 15
Surround in wall speakers : SpeakerCraft AIM Cinema 5
Interconnects : Mogami XLR for main and sub and Transparent audio RCA to rest of the speakers .
Did anybody encounter or heard of this issue ? Any input is greatly appreciated.

jetset
Okay my immediate quandary is this: 
If you have not missed them for 10 years
Why worry now?

I upgraded my processor to the Marantz AV8805 and i have a lot more free time to enjoy music .
If your tweeters are really absolutely silent you'd have a very "muddy" sounding speaker, the tweeters carry most of the music, not just "crisp" high frequency information. It's doubtful they'd both be really "dead" in my opinion. Don't know your age but if you're in your 50's/60's it could be a rolling off of your hearing, mine's diminished in the high frequency area, I'm 63. 

Have a friend carefully cup the tweeter while its playing, you should hear a difference. When working correctly, they're not supposed to be "bright" or even "crisp", just smooth and easy on the ear btw. 
After cranking my Maxx2’s I “lost” my midrange. Turned out I burned out the resistors. Replaced with replacements from Wilson(also have replacements for tweeters and woofers) All’s good again. Call Wilson