Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
@tmsrdg re Thiel SI-1 (from 12/15)
I purchased an SI-1 about two years ago to integrate a pair of JL Audio f112s with my 3.7s. It's in perfect working condition, and I have yet to experience any problems with it. Sounds like I'm lucky on that score, and hope that doesn't change. @tomthiel, it would be great if a repair option for the SI-1 does eventually arrive.

The SI-1 replaced a PXO that was driving a single SS1. In my experience, both the PXO and the SS1 deliver perfectly (to my ears) seamless integration with no fussing around. However, the active SI-1 noticeably improves the mid and top end performance of my 3.7s relative to the PXO. The high end stays sweet to well beyond any volume I'm interested in hearing. At the time, I was concerned that switching from the SS1 to the JLAs would mess up the integration, but there's no sign of that audible to me.
If ultra low distortion is so important for SQ why isn’t Halcro widely regarded as the best ever? 
All

check out the ad over on eBay, a pair of CS 2.4 in Custom Silver is avail in Oklahoma. Very cool looking. I hope these loudspeakers find the next good home.

Happy Listening!
Beetle - how did that Halcro amp weather the ages? Its circuit topology seems reminiscent of the BM AHB-2 in layman's descriptive terms.

Indeed specs don't tell the whole story and harmonic distortion can be a particularly beast since low / even harmonics sound sweet and odd and highers sound non-musical.
Hey guys we still have no way to repair the ss subs right? I got an interesting email from Parasound when asking about amps for the cs 3.6