Herron VTPH-2A Phono Preamp....anyone familiar?

Hi just reaching out to get any input/feedback  on the Herron VTPH-2A Phono Preamp.   While I'm happy with my existing Parasound JC3 Jr., someone recommended the Herron, so I got intrigued, as I've never run into, nor listened to, any Herron products.  
Thks, Jim

jhajeski
I'm very interested in the Herron. I've also been looking at the ModWright 9.0. Which way is best to go? I don't plan on buying another phono preamp in my lifetime, I want to make the right choice.
The Herron & Modwright are both great.  But I would choose the Herron.  One reason IMHO is that the Herron has a FET first stage for MC followed by a tube second stage for the MC (the tubes also act as the only stage for MM).  So, you can bypass the FETs when using an MC cart by using a separate SUT into the Herron's tube only MM stage.  However, the Modwright has a tube/JFET hybrid first stage for MC followed by constant current source loading for the second stage.  There does not seem to be a way to bypass the JFETs in the Modwright.  YMMV.
Can anyone describe what I might be able to expect by adding the Herron VTPH-2A to my system? I'm currently running a Denon DP-62L TT with the straight black tonearm wand, Grace F-9 cart with SoundSmith Nude Ruby OCL stylus, Yamaha A-S3000 integrated amp and Magico A3 speakers. I also set-up a mono TT: Pioneer PL-41A with a Denon DL-102 high output MC mono cart. I've never heard tubes before. I think my system sounds great but I'm wondering if adding a tube phono preamp takes the sonics to another level? I'd love to demo one but that isn't an option Herron offers. Thanks!
If you think your system sounds great, why not just stick with it? Keep in mind that if you go with tubes, you may end up going down the "rabbit hole", spending countless hours and dollars looking to get the lowest noise and highest performing tubes. This is coming from a tube guy.

If you are still "tube curious", see if you can find a decent phono stage" that comes with a trial period. Modwright, Music Direct and Tavish Audio Design all offer trial periods (to get a taste of tubes)...as does PS Audio, but it’s not a tube design. : ) Good luck!