Does Power Cord Require Burn-In To Sound Good?

I recently bought a new power cord but there isn’t much difference in sound quality between this new cord and the previous Wireworld Elektra 7 which it replaces. The cords are used on the DAC.

Any ideas if the cord needs to burn in to open up and sound better? It currently has about 5 hours on it and I think I prefer the sound quality of the previous cord which costs 10 times cheaper.

Any thoughts appreciated.
ryder
By jhills:  "My advice: If you bought a $5K amp and it doesn't sound good with the cord it came with, but you think supplying it with a $5K power cord will make it sound great - save your $5K and buy an amp. that has a decent power supply and sounds great with the cord it comes with....Jim."

I have to say, this is the most lucid summary on this topic.  Well stated.  

I'd like to add: buy a better amp for the difference in money when that difference is greater than 15% of the cost of the device itself, if you feel the compulsion to upgrade.  I sunk my money into the cost of the devices.  I also second:  power supply to support circuit topology and build quality.  
Power supply...POWER SUPPLY...((((POWER SUPPLY)))) - in short: Transformers. Think Peter Dahl.

Then, capacitors, quality (tolerance) of resistors and adherence to tolerance in support of the circuit topology of your choice in class of service; i.e., Class A —> Class D and SS v Tubes.

Money is best spent there. If you have accomplished that, then by all means buy a $5👀K Power Cord. You might hear a difference and assuage your expenditure on wire. 👍🏿

"What are non audiophiles doing on an audiophile site?"
Why trolling of course!
"What are non audiophiles doing on an audiophile site?"
Why trolling of course!
Actually a true, intelligent "audiophile" is more likely to call BS on snake oil tweaks than one who THINKS of himself as an audiophile.
@twoleftears said it well..  I agree, Money is better spent elsewhere, especially the room and speakers.. A well designed and sized power cord doesn’t need to cost a fortune to function well.. Some folks use badly designed cables to coverup a much larger system issue or deficiencies. After everything is sorted out, then cables is a place to go and bleed money.