Dedicated line questions...

Did a search, but can’t come up with a good answer. I am considering the install of a dedicated line. The general consensus is a 20amp circuit. How does this rectify with a full system designed around 15amp components/cords. I already have PS audio receptacles, and have upgraded/cleaned up all the other outlets on the current circuit, but it is still noisy. Would installing a 20amp circuit require a refit of gear or just 15-20 amp power cords? I don’t run big mono’s and really only need one line. Would a dedicated 15 suffice?  Yeah, fairly clueless in this realm.
geof3
20A is indeed what you want. How this "rectifies" with 15A components is simple. A is for amps, is for current. In the case of the dedicated line 20A is the maximum safe steady state current draw on that line. It does not mean forcing 20A into everything plugged in. It simply means that 20A is safely available. 

Your components by the way are not 15A either. Not a one of them. Something like a CD player, phono stage or preamp draws only a very few amps. Power amps can draw more but even a very powerful amp comes nowhere near 15A current draw, except maybe for a brief moment when first turned on. One of the bigger power hogs in a room is a home theater projector, which if it has say a 500 watt bulb and runs at 120V then that's about 5A. 

You want the 20A circuit because even though you don't need it in terms of steady state power draw you do want it because music is lots of very brief transient surges and the larger wire handles this better. Also the difference in cost is insignificant. Everything else, outlets, power cords, conditioner, is all the same 15 or 20.
MC, that’s what I thought. Just seeing a variety of plug options etc had me wondering. Simple. Thanks!
@OP, 
I would PM: 
jea48
He is most knowledgable on the subject, and should be able to guide you.
B
Hi there.

Domestic 15/20 amp circuits are a little more flexible than you are thinking. Kind of rare for the NEC.

The idea, I think is that you might want to plug in a couple of 10 Amp devices in at the same time, and that a single 15A circuit wouldn’t work.

As a result, you are allowed to use dual amperage receptacles, which have 1 prong shaped like a T on a 20 A circuit, and connect either 15 or 20 A devices or even far less.

Many devices, like wall warts, will sip off this and may be 0.5A or less. What is important is that the breaker be correct to the house wiring, and that the dual A receptacles be used only on 20 A circuits.

The appliances however may use any gauge of wiring that is acceptable to it’s own fuse/breaker rating. So yes, you can run a 20 A circuit, and put in multiple outlets with T shaped sockets and use 15 A surge protectors on them. If your appliance is rated for 15A you must use a minimum 14 gauge. If 20, 12 gauge.

Best,

E