What's my ideal music server? Read and recommend please

Right now I use a MacBook Pro as my server, and it drives my DAC. My MacBook Pro is getting cranky, it's storage is so full I don't have space to do a current Mac update and I am beginning to think better sound quality can be achieved than a MacBook Pro via USB to a DAC. I use JRiver media center, v.27, and right now, my JRiver and MacBook Pro aren't working properly together as I keep loosing the proper MIDI setting and get no audio output.

I'm aware of the Aurender N100H. I know that uses a USB output and I'm starting to wonder if USB is my best bet. Then I see the Aurender N100C which has a digital coax out, but that output is derived from the USB, so what's the point?

My wish list- probably no less than 2 TB storage; got to be easy to use in terms of getting music into it and playing music (downloading music from say HDTracks to JRiver is the bleeding edge of my technical skills); sound quality has to be first rate. I would also be interested in a server that has a BNC output, as a regular coaxial output can never be a true 75 ohm connection but a BNC can be. 

So- what should I have on my short list? Recommend away please, and thanks-
128x128zavato
@cerrot
I have experienced the same as you describe, even coming out of the N10, my COAX sounds better to me than USB.

However, I do know a couple of serious people who use USB and find it superior. I believe much of preference has to do with which clock is used for the interface (DAC' clock or Streamer's clock).
Best Regards
In my own application with my servers (different systems), USB is better sounding than S/PDIF, or AES EBU (same as S/PDIF).  So, obviously YMMV.  
Before I got the QX-5/20 to use with Ethernet, I used USB from iMac to Ayre DX-5 DSD for Roon, with balanced analog to Ayre KX-5/20 preamp. That combination sounded very good. Like so many dictums, "you shouldn’t use USB combining out of a commuter" requires caveats.
I went with the top of the line from Sonore and Small Green Computer.   The Sonore Signature Rendu SE optical is the streamer and it runs ROON which is fabulous.  I avoided Aurender because it does not.  SGC built me a server with 10 TB of  solid state memory.  Andrew at SGC was happy to work with me to custom configure my server.  It has an i7 processor, and a built in Teac drive to rip CD's.   Nothing rips SACD but there are services that will do that.  (or so I've heard...)  This rig was FAR Superior to my MacBook pro!  Also the support from Sonore and SGC has been great.  The software running then is very intuitive.  USB is the preferred output on many servers and DAC's.   Lower cost options are available like the UltraRendu or Optical Rendu and less advanced servers from SGC.

Innuous and Antipodes also make great products, as does Lumin, especially the X1.
Innuos for ease of use and sound quality. I went from a tuned Mac Mini to an Innuos Zenith Mk3 and could only wonder why I waited so long.