Is the Mytek Brooklyn Bridge or Lumin D2 good buys in 2021?

...only because we’re so close to 2021.

I just bought both devices, have them running direct to Elac Navis ARF-51’s (which are amazing btw).  Both devices sound good, are close in price, and have similar functionality (yes the BB has more ins).  
Display on the Lumin is straight out of 2012, Mytek‘s is not much better.  Mconnect is absolute trash, while the Lumin app is decent.  Really like the physical volume knob of the Mytek, overall aesthetics, and WiFi connectivity.

Both are dated devices.  Are either of these devices good buys in 2021?  If so, which one? What about service life?

helloitsben
I would not separate the dac from the streamer because of several reasons.  First, internet music nowadays are streamed in much higher bit rate with a lot of information and it's up to the receiving end i.e the dac to be able to process that.  Having all in one streaming DAC would eliminate the need for possible noise in the transmission via the cable.  Yes, the signal is digital but both ends will have to do extra processing of the music stream rather than doing 1x.  Second, the best cable is the shortest cable so doing this, you achieve avoiding signal integrity issues between your dac and streamer.  Processing streaming data from network to music format is done once.  Network is one of the most realizable transmission of signal because it has data and security error handling built in the protocol.  Third, you might save money on having to buy two units along with interconnects.   The PS DSD DAC is probably one of the best DAC for the money to be able to accommodate all these while still provides the flexibility to be used as a pre-amp and standalone DAC. I was looking at the X1 streamer and I came across 1 person who had them both for comparison and yes, the X1 is tiny bit better but for 2x the price, new or used,  and most importantly, X1 can't be used as a standalone DAC.  X1 has the latest and the best processors (2) SABRE DACs that can process 32bit data stream so you're future proof but I haven't seen any streaming service that provides that 32bits content.  TIDAL is maxed out at 24bit for their MASTER subscription.
Another vote for Lumin.  I'm using their U1 Mini to my Ayre QB-9 and thrilled with the combo.
sacman
I would not separate the dac from the streamer ....  Having all in one streaming DAC would eliminate the need for possible noise in the transmission via the cable ... you might save money on having to buy two units along with interconnects ...
By that reasoning, we'd all buy receivers instead of separate components, especially because the risk of noise in an analog interconnection is real, whereas in a digital connection not so much. If you're into audio for the long haul, there are obvious advantages to buying separates, including being able to take advantage of advancing technology without making a wholesale change.
cleed, you're right to a certain extend.  If receiver can be build to handle the high current and maximum peak power from separate amps then it's actually better.  The advantage of advance technology occurs everywhere but in this particular example, where signals are passed between difference processors, the less travel the better for the signal integrity.

sacman1
If receiver can be build to handle the high current and maximum peak power from separate amps then it’s actually better.
Don’t be silly. By way of example, there’s no receiver made with a phono stage that can equal an ARC Ref2 or Ref3 phono. It simply isn’t practical to pack it all in one box. Do you want to have to upgrade an entire receiver just to take advantage of an improved DAC? And if you do, what happens if you find the amp in your new receiver isn’t quite as good as the amp in the old one? You’ll just end up chasing your tail.

Don’t get me wrong - I have no issue with people buying receivers, or all-in-one systems, or streamers with built-in DACs. But to claim such an arrangement is superior to well chosen separates doesn’t make sense. And you r-e-a-l-l-y have some problems if you can’t connect digital components while preserving "signal integrity" at the same time.