Purifi Class D: Junk?

So, from the previous thread about high-end class D the Purifi module was brought up. I decided to get a cheap example from VTV, a simple stereo unit with a single Purifi module and matching Hypex SMPS. Standard input buffer. I got it in yesterday. First impression wasn't what I was expecting: weak, congested dynamics is what stood out to me. I expected greater expression through my ProAc D30Rs. The other problems such as poor soundstage, thin / boring character, etc, I marked up to needing burn-in before evaluating. So it's been 24 hours, I would still expect to get at least the high control / damping of high end class D and dynamic power, but it's just not present.

Could it be an impedance mismatch? Other manufacturers selling the Purifi with their custom input buffers are reporting 47k Ohms. VTV doesn't say in the manual or on the site. I checked the Purifi data sheet which reports...2.2k Ohms on SE???? That can't be right?? That's absurdly low! Am I reading the right spec? My preamp has an output impedance of 230 Ohms. Can someone confirm that the stock Purifi has this ultra-low input impedance?
madavid0
Just a pseudo fuser, but with ulterior product sales motive’s aimed at hooking a gullible buyer🤦‍♂️
One thing for sure you are right about: cheap OEM fuses are not anywhere near as good. But I fear your irrefutable info has run into an immovable object in George.  

Hi guys!

Greetings from New Zealand!
Hope you're all keeping safe n well!

Seems like another derailed subject!

I'm extreamly happy with my March audio P451 Purifi class D monoblocks!
They Definately blew away my Naim NAP250 amp by a huge margin. 
But hey, what do I know?
We all hear differently and all have different preferences. 

I can however back up lots of very positive reviews raving about modern class D power amplifiers. 
I'm a total convert, 
MERRY CHRISTMAS! 

Cheers! Tony. 

there are plenty of happy owners who trusted ricevs. GFi, is butthurt that ricevs continues to back him into corners with no way out, except to, well, be Gfi