Best high-end headphones with noice cancellation ...

Looking at getting new high-end headphones for both home and travelling (with noice cancellation) ... Could be both in-ear or over-ear ... 
Have been looking around, but would like other opinions as well  ... What are your suggestions?

Have looked at B&W, Jabra, etc. 

Michael
michaelschn
Business flyers buy Bose because that is what they do.Music lovers usually buy Sony .
The ever popular Bose QC35 II (8/10 WIRED Recommends) remains a fantastic noise-canceling option, but Bose’s newest flagship headphones, the Noise Cancelling 700, take our top spot for business users. They have excellent noise reduction that quiets clacky keyboards or chatty roommates better than ever, plus slightly better sound quality and battery life than the QC35 II MCDVOICE
Yup.  Bose is much better at cancelling sound than reproducing it — that’s for sure. 
Been a BOSE user for years and years and they sound surprisingly good. Had been considering a switch to Sony, but they had call uses (I used multi-use when travelling). Now that they have fixed that from the latest reviews, I would buy the Sony.
Sony WH4’s.  Just bought (and returned) a pair.  The noise cancellation is great, they are super comfortable if they fit properly (the were hitting my right ear funny so I took them back.  This was more an issue with my ear and not the headphones).  
They sound pretty good once eq’d from the phone app.  They are waaay too bass heavy with the eq set at flat.

Phone calls sound great, the bluetooth has a wide range, the battery life is pretty good... for active noise cancelling, wireless, phone call, they are probably the best.  The build qualityisgood and even though they are mostly plastic, they do not make any creaking noises.  They are on sale now for $300.
My problem is being totally dependent on the internal-electronics within the headphones.  They do sound better hardwired to a nice headphone amp / dac but only with dsp turned on.  With no dsp turned on and the headphones plugged into a headphone amp, they sound like $5 headphones.  Absolutely horrendous.  Turn on the dsp though and they sound pretty dang good.

The ultimate problem for me though is how close they are in price to the Sundaras (open back planar) and the Shndaras should blow the Sonys away.  And if I were going for noise cancellation I’d go passive noise cancellation and get a pair of planar in ear monitors ghag sojnd superior to the Sonys for have the price.  Again though, comparing apples to oranges.

The sony wh4 is probably the best at what it does!