Tekton Electron SE

I had a pair of Tekton Double Impacts that I sold when I moved to a smaller home. After a year of evaluating various smaller speakers I decided to go back to Tekton but with the more compact Electron SE. In my room these speakers work perfectly. The bass on these smaller speakers is unbelievably deep and tight. I miss none of the punch from the bigger Double Impacts. On mine's I used a single Beryllium tweeter on the middle of the array. The tops on these are very extended and crisp clear more so than the DBs. The imaging and sweet-spot is electrostatic-like with excellent ability to present the faintest details in a recording. In my appreciation other than the ability to convey a "bigger" bass the Electrons have a more refined sound and the bass in my room is more than sufficient with a tighter presntation than that of the DB's. Feel free to send questions if you have any.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xwisty
Post removed 
@scott_w

I don’t think any two product lines could be much more different. One look will tell you that. No mistaking one for the other.

I’ve heard various Zu mostly pricey Essence in both larger and smaller rooms. I’ve heard only Tekton Double Impact in similar size small room.

I like Zu aesthetics and always want to like them but have yet to have them draw me in. I think the amps used every time at a show has been underpowered though. At both Zu and Tekton demos at shows they seem to want to highlight the ability to run off flea powered tube amps which are probably underpowered for best results with either.

Zu demos I have heard all seem to lack dynamics. Nice for some music but bland for others like classic rock.

The Double Impact actually performed admirably at that one demo. It was sound I might be able to live with. But not the giant boxes in that small room.

Now if the Tekton sound came out of the Zus, then I would really take notice.
Wisty,

I am glad you found the Electrons SE 's.  I own serial # 1 and 2 of these speakers.  They took awhile to break in, but boy once they're broke in they sound fantastic!  I have also listened to the Double Impacts and feel these speakers (the Electron SE) are better sounding, in my opinion.  With a good source these speakers deliver. They have very tight and substantial base, the tweeter array brings the highs across in an uncanny, deceptive way (something good going on here) mid range blends perfectly between these two dynamics.

These were a purchase I took a gamble on, they were $4,000 when I bought them.  They took about 500 hours of break in time.  Once broken in they deliver, I do not regret the purchase, further more I would urge anyone on the fence, perhaps wondering about the lead time for delivery, to take the plunge.  Also, the finish I have is a BMW paint (metal flake gray)  and it looks fantastic on these cabinets.  These are first rate speakers, in my opinion.  

I am driving these speakers with a McIntosh 8900 Integrated Amplifier and a Aurender music server 
"Hard for haters to do anything but hate. Don't help none they can't read neither. Look at the one above, got not one thing right, couldn't comprehend a thing to save his life. Pages and pages, went on for weeks, still after all this time does not understand a single word. Not. One. Word. Pathetic."

Does anyone understand what was written here? Couldn't understand a thing to save my life (or anyone's for that matter).

"Don't help none they can't read neither."

Shakespeare would have lifted this one, only if he had known...
Shame on all of you for raining on OPs parade, I bought the Tekton DIs a year ago and i still love them. I wish I'd know about the beryllium option as i would probably have tried it.
Yes, there are more expensive and esoteric brands but I think Tektons are a welcome respite and a bargain that doesn't sound like a bargain, just ask my neighbors!