John Rutan / Audio Connection

Hi everyone.  I wanted to share a great experience with John Rutan of Audio Connection. 

While searching to purchase an Audio Research preamp, I found what I was looking for, a black LS28.  I wasn't familiar with the seller's ID as I'm not a steady buyer of audio equipment.  I contacted the seller and immediately felt very comfortable talking with John Rutan.  We agreed on a price and it was air freighted from New Jersey to Hawaii, and arrived in a few days.  The preamp was in superb, one owner, like new condition with very low (450) hours.  Break-in already done for me!  John is a true gentleman, honest, courteous, professional, extremely knowledgeable and very easy to work with. 

A big thanks to John!
yron01
I've read nothing but raves about John Rutan and Audio Connection and nice to see another one. Enjoy your preamp and living in Hawaii!
He is super nice, honest and helpful. Years ago though, before he expanded to an additional building across the street, he had an employee whose name I never knew who was rude to me on several occasions and used to give me the stink eye. He was short and bald with a mustache and wire rimmed glasses. I wanted to mention it to John, but I felt uncomfortable in doing it. I hope that he doesn't still work there.
Another happy customer of John. I drove from MA to NJ 3 years ago for a used pair of Magnepan 3.7i speakers. John treated me very fairly and put on a great speaker demo while I was there, very relaxed no pressure time. Hopefully I'll get back there some time. He's always very helpful if you call be to talk.