Name a few albums which helped determine your musical tastes

How about a short list of albums that shaped your listening from early on in your life?

Not just albums that became favorites (though they could be now). Let's call them historical turning points for you that shaped you as a listener, now.

Me:
  • Quadrophenia or Who's Next
  • Sgt Peppers Beatles
  • Floyd, Wish you were here
  • Jethro Tull, Thick as a Brick
  • Metheny, Offramp
  • Glenn Gould, Goldberg variations
  • Joni Mitchell, Court and Spark
GO!
128x128hilde45
Polygon Window - Surfing on Sine Waves
Newcleus - Jam on Revenge
Beastie Boys - License to Ill
Suicidal Tendencies - Suicides an Alternative
House Hallucinates Pump Up the World

"Dodgealum"...I love your taste.  I have four albums framed and on the wall of my audio listening room including "Hasten Down the Wind" and "Karla Bonoff"...with the latter signed by the artist!  I told her when she was signing that she was responsible for me spending too much money back in the 70's in upgrading my speakers.  And you can guess what song on the album was most instrumental!
Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
Van Halen I
Judas Priest - Hell Bent For Leather
Robin Trower - Bridge of Sighs
Rush - Permanent Waves
Beach Boys - Endless Summer
Led Zeppelin II & Houses of the Holy

Even though I moved on to heavier metal later on, I still play songs from all these albums (except Beach Boys) on guitar.
Cannot help but to comment on Lyle and his large band:  in the summer of (about) 2004 in Madison, WI, Aretha cancelled with short notice as the headliner in the summer MusicFest on the lake.  I had two tickets, and decided to go even though I could not see the Queen.  Lyle and large band subbed.
Holy crap.  Their comprehensively massive soundstage was mind-blowing.  The power, balance, articulation, and precision of every musician was flawless.  Barely noticed Lyle singing, leaning up against things in his body cast after breaking his hip in a bull ring(?).
His audio engineers have to be the best around.
Motown...4 Tops / Martha & the Vandellas / Smokey Robinson

Memphis...Sam & Dave / Ike & Tina / Booker T
British ....Stones / John Mayall / Traffic / Jeff Beck / Van the Man / Tull /Black Sabbath

60-70s US... Hendrix / CSNY / Santana / The Band / Joni
80s....Knopfler / Bonnie Raitt / Neville Brothers / Dr John