Name a few albums which helped determine your musical tastes

How about a short list of albums that shaped your listening from early on in your life?

Not just albums that became favorites (though they could be now). Let's call them historical turning points for you that shaped you as a listener, now.

Me:
  • Quadrophenia or Who's Next
  • Sgt Peppers Beatles
  • Floyd, Wish you were here
  • Jethro Tull, Thick as a Brick
  • Metheny, Offramp
  • Glenn Gould, Goldberg variations
  • Joni Mitchell, Court and Spark
GO!
128x128hilde45
in Grade school - I had a brother 4 years older
The Beatles (aka white album)
Jefferson Airplane - Crown of Creation (Lather :) )
Mothers of Invention (Anyway the Wind Blows)

in JR High - Frank Zappa

in High School (very high)
Roxy Music
David Bowie
Pink Floyd
Fog Hat
Alice Cooper

in U S Army
Pink Floyd
Kraftwerk
Boston
Queen
Bowie

then suddenly BAM right at the end of my service!
DEVO
Talking Heads
Elvis Costello
Police
Sex Pistols

now Returned to America
all of the above plus
Joy Division
Throbbing Gristle
Caberet Voltaire

Current new bands
Kaelan Mikla
I Ya Toyah
Actors

I remember the late night after getting off work at midnight . A friend told me to try Genesis new album Trick of the Tail, I had picked it up but never had a chance to play it. I came home and in a dark room fired that album up. Stunningly amazed at what I was listening to, I was thinking "What the hell did I just listen to" ! ? Their next one Wind and Weathering was just a "different". I think that was the beginning of my Allman Bros, Supertramp and such type albums. But nothing reached out and grabbed me on the first go round like Trick of the Tail
Polygon Window - Surfing on Sine Waves
Newcleus - Jam on Revenge
Beastie Boys - License to Ill
Suicidal Tendencies - Suicides an Alternative
House Hallucinates Pump Up the World

"Dodgealum"...I love your taste.  I have four albums framed and on the wall of my audio listening room including "Hasten Down the Wind" and "Karla Bonoff"...with the latter signed by the artist!  I told her when she was signing that she was responsible for me spending too much money back in the 70's in upgrading my speakers.  And you can guess what song on the album was most instrumental!
Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
Van Halen I
Judas Priest - Hell Bent For Leather
Robin Trower - Bridge of Sighs
Rush - Permanent Waves
Beach Boys - Endless Summer
Led Zeppelin II & Houses of the Holy

Even though I moved on to heavier metal later on, I still play songs from all these albums (except Beach Boys) on guitar.