McIntosh vs Accuphase?

Right now I'm using a Marantz PM-11S1 w/ Monitor Audio Gold floor standers. I'm a big fan of Marantz reference gear and their smooth yet detailed warmth. That said, I'm looking to get an integrated for my bedroom setup with a built-in DAC (no room for separates), which nixes something like the PM-KI Ruby. Looks to me like the McIntosh MA5300 / 7200 or Accuphase E-280 / E-380 fit the bill. I'm not really interested in Hegel or Rotel based on their aesthetics. I kind of like the idea of VU meters as well. So the question is, between the two McIntosh integrated or the Accuphase, what's my play? I'm located in the US so that's two points for Mc (pricing and service). But the Accuphase stuff looks to have much higher quality components, design, and build quality. Though for the price of the E-280 w/ option boards I could get a MA7200 and have spare change. Hmm...
lostark
Listen to the Moon (Simaudio) gear before you buy. Maybe a little more money, but...
I own McIntosh amp/preamp. Haven’t really spent time with Accuphase gear. 
Here’s my view Mac has a string secondary market. 
And I have listened to Moon integrated amps and I have a moon DAC. I agree with jaulbrich as far as quality but not meters
Accuphase is mostly all solid state.  If you like the dry sound of solid state, go with the accuphase.  

Not sure what other components these customers use with Accuphase and what cheaper version of the McIntosh amplifiers you are comparing too. I have the McIntosh MC2301 Monoblock amplifiers. I seriously doubt that Accuphase will top that in sound quality. If you think so, please provide proof. As far as Moon gear is concerned, it’s really good gear when it’s working (kinda like Mark Levinson and Krell). Reliability has always been problematic. This is why I don’t invest in their gear anymore. Every company has good and bad gear and some have stellar. McIntosh has definitely done something right, which will explain the companies longevity. It’s your money, spend it how you want to.
decathlon1991
I have the McIntosh MC2301 Monoblock amplifiers. I seriously doubt that Accuphase will top that in sound quality. If you think so, please provide proof.
Don't be silly. First, no one here owes you proof of anything, just as I'm not going to ask you to prove your claim. Second, "sound quality" in this context is mostly subjective. There's no need to provide proof or justification for any preference.
As far as Moon gear is concerned ... Reliability has always been problematic.
That hasn't been my experience at all. Please tell us about your experience.