Harbeth 40.2 or Vandersteen Quatro CT

Hi,

I am trying to decide whether to keep my Harbeth 40.2 or acquire the Vandersteen Quatro CT.  

I listen to all kinds of music and the room is moderate size.  I would be using pass labs 260.8 monoblocks on either speaker.

I really like the Harbeth but I always wanted to try a Vandersteen  too.   Alas neither room nor budget allows me to keep both...

Anyone hear both on similar equipment?
128x128karmapolice
tomstruck

Absolute Sound has a review of the Kento in the new edition, just arrived last night. I haven't read it yet, but the teaser says it's amazing. From what I have heard listening to the Quatro CT and Treo CT, I would be very happy with either (esp the Quatro!).
Given that you have the 40.2's, the only rational way to approach this is to wait until you give the Vandies an audition, ideally in your own house, or at least a couple of lengthy auditions well set up in a store.  They're both excellent speakers; the differences will boil down to personal, individual preferences and taste.  And none of us can tell you what those are.
@twoleftears ,
+1
Though I am an unabashed Vandy fan, I think the only way to know for sure is to audition them in your home alongside the Harbeth.
It is money well spend, and should 'scratch your itch'.
Bob
Yep, Treo CT and 7 mk2 with the Vandy amps. IF you do the home demo be sensitive to what is involved with placement, tuning of Quattro and move the Harbeth out of the room.

The advantage of the Quattro over the Treo is they play lower, flatter and cleaner than the Treo and the subwoofer level and Q are adjustable. Cleaner because of high passing your amp. I have the Treo in a Condo, would have got Quattro but trying to not get evicted, ha !!!! 
Yes I have heard Kento, really amazing w M5 amplifiers...