Easily the best and most significant sonic tweak one could ever make!

Well hearing aids of course (if you need them and many don’t realize they do). I was diagnosed with asymmetrical hearing loss in my right ear over a year ago at only age 52. Entirely in the upper frequency. (As hearing loss per my ENT is almost always symmetrical, the protocol for this unusual diagnosis is a MRI brain scan to rule out a tumor; thank God everything was normal there).

Anyway, while expensive (partially covered by Insurance in most plans in the States), the different listening to music is in absolute terms startling. The proverbial veil is wayyyyy lifted particularly on lyrics but really the whole presentation is improved from the midrange thru to the top registers.

Keep this in mind before upgrading your electronics or speakers and perhaps instead upgrade the most critical precision instrument....your ears! I share this and if it helps one member on here, well that would be really great.
aj523
Maybe a good start is to clean the 10kg of wax out of your ears. Seriously though, speaker positioning and finding the sweet spot is usually free of charge. 
@asvjerry

Amazing huh the technology for hearing loss improves every day since they are basically EQ’ing the sounds picked up and amplified in your ear by the device. I’m due for a tuning /upgraded software. I remember there were 3 frequency curves - pre-hearing aid, normal for my age, and then the gap filled in by the HA. Doesn’t get you quite to where you should be, but very close in my case and as a bonus my left ear which has mild hearing loss got one too to balance out both sides which is critical.
When I’m listening to music and I take them out, its like a big heavy blanket was thrown over the speakers. Remarkable
I agree that hearing aids can make a world of difference when listening to music. I bought a pair of heavily advertised and very well reviewed hearing aids that go into the ear canal so they're not conspicuous. They  nearly drove me insane. I found that I cannot tolerate anything in my ear canal. I worked with the company and tried everything they suggested but it just wasn't right for me. I was given a full refund without any problems whatsoever. I give the company (which I will only name if asked) very high marks for customer service. I may try a different type that doesn't fit in the ear.
@aj523
So just that I’m clear, you keep them in while listening to music? You don’t get any feedback or distortion?,

Thanks.
For what a lot of these custom hearing aids cost you could but two microphones, amp and EQ, and some nice headphones, like HD600 or better. Then some in-ear phones for social situations where you don't want to be the one wearing cans.