“Classic” phono stages 2007-20013?

Hay gang, curious... what were some of the best/Classic of the “older tech” phonostages? Could be even earlier, just exploring that era of components!
geof3
The Michell iso was a pretty early one in the UK, if not the first, some time around 1990 I think. I knew its designer, Tom Evans, at the time and have an early example of the production circuitboard in a generic box. I used it until around ten years ago when I replaced it with a Naim superline. 
I recall Allen Wright’s JLTi and Carlos Candeias Aqvox 2Ci. Both very good pieces punching well above their admission prices.

Overall the time span probably isn’t that tight. Perhaps the better way to phrase the question would have been “older phono stages”. My analog gear is from that era, and it might be cool to find a top notch piece from that time... see how it matches up. Unfortunately, many of the ARC pieces don’t have enough gain for a low MC. So my choices are find a cool piece MM/MC or MM with a SUT. That just adds another cable set etc. in an already challenging ground situation, another set of cables is something I would prefer to avoid. Currently I’m running a Moon 5.3 SS. Not at all unhappy with it. But then, I really haven’t heard many phono stages at this point. Never heard a tube stage though, and I’m thinking about giving one a shot. Thus the question... 
A classic that's both highly regarded and affordable is the EAR834p phono stage. I've owned the Deluxe MM/MC version for maybe 12 years.

I replaced it this year with a PS Audio Stellar Phone which is very new and very well reviewed. It's even Stereophile's 2020 Product of the Year.

I like the new one fine, but I've kept the EAR and wonder if I'm getting all that much better sound with the new Stellar.

Before buying the Stellar I posted on the PS Audio forum and Paul (Mr. PS Audio) McGown responded that the EAR was so good that it was his hope his product would be better but even he wasn't sure it would be.