Speakers good for close to wall placement

There are quite a few speakers I would like to purchase, but I need to be realistic. I will need to find some speakers that perform well when placed close to the rear wall. After that choice I can move on to selecting the proper integrated amp to drive them. Any suggestions on which speakers work well near the rear wall?
cincyhound
I will echo the recommendation to seriously consider the Larsen loudspeakers.  They are the only loudspeaker I've ever heard that are engineered to be put up, flat against a wall.  Doing so makes them much more furniture and decoration friendly, if that's an issue for  you.   If it is a serious requirement, then the Larsen really is a great choice.    I’ve heard them and agree that they image well, though to me, they sounded rather 2 dimensional than 3 dimensional. The Larsen 8 is about $7000 and you’re not likely to find them on the used market. You don’t say what amplification you’re planning on using, but that will probably add another $2000 or more to your system cost.

You mention using an integrated amp, which suggests that space is a problem for you. Otherwise separate preamp and power amp gives you many more choices.

***IF*** you can work with a loudspeaker than can sit about 6 to 12 inches from the back wall, then the recommendation for the Dutch & Dutch 8c is one you would do well to take seriously seeing as how you’re looking to purchase both your loudspeakers and your amplification. The D&D 8c retails at $12k, but can be found on the used market at about $9k, which puts it even with the Larsen and whatever integrated amp you might choose.

I’ve also heard the Dutch & Dutch 8c and they are nothing short of astonishing. One of the very, VERY best loudspeakers you’ll ever hear. Absolutely extraordinary. They are a fully engineered system with built-in amplification, DSP and controlled directivity. You don’t run them butt up against the wall, but typically about a 6 to 12 inches away. Once you get them in place, you tweak the DSP to account for the wall spacing and it works with the wall, not in spite of it. Exceptional deep end. And the imaging!!!! O-M-G!!! I don’t know if I’ve ever heard a loudspeaker even come close to what the D&D 8c can do. Truly incredible.

You don’t say what you’re planning to use for a source. If you’re one of the people who mostly listens to streaming sources like Tidal, or even just plays digital material from a music server or computer, then all you have to do is run a network cable to the D&D 8c and you’re done. No preamp. No intergrated amp. Just your laptop and a network cable. Talk about a minimalist setup!

If you can find your way to auditioning the D&D 8c, you’ll be truly amazed.
I’ve used Vandersteen Treo CT’s within 12”of the wall and they sound great, probably because the port is on the bottom of the speakers.  The point about using absorption or diffusion behind the speakers is a good one.
Plus 1 or 2 for Audio Note. I have the E’s in the corner with low watt tubes and sound amazing IMO. Depending on your budget Audio Note Amps  are wonderful as well or for less expensive, Quicksilver are fantastic.
Depending on your space, an Ohm Walsh prefers to be at least a few feet away from a wall/walls...  Some have a small 'footprint', so that may not be an issue.
They can be a bit fussy, being at heart an omni.
If you absolutely have to be on the wall, walk on by.... ;)

Happy hunting, J
The Scansonic MB1 B, MB2.5 B and MB3.5 Bs are all designed for near wall placement.  
When Michael Borrensen left Scansonic/Raidho the Scansonic line was completely redesigned so that the break-in time was radically reduced and the three models were explicitly designed to work within 1’ of a wall.

Not theory.  In practice, this happens.  I have a customer who put MB3.5 Bs in his living room.  Has them like 9” from the back wall and they are wonderful.  I helped him set them up.  

He uses a PrimaLuna integrated in triode to drive them which is like 35w.  
These check all your boxes and deliver a huge, immersive soundstage.