Women who enjoy quality speakers

In my former marriage i was introduced to high end audio by my husband.

At the time the endless visits to highend shows , meetings and shops annoyed me. Tech talk and not very female friendly designs came and went in my living room.

And although i couldnt get used to all of the above, one thing i learned , how to listen.

Now years further , in my second marriage quality audio wasnt a very well know topic of my husband working in tech. Mediocre cheaper hifi dominated the house, which looked even worse and sounded even a lot worse.

When we talked about new speakers and bang and olufsen was mentioned i knew i had to educate him , to let him know whats on the market and how things can sound.

The revelation ended in buying avalon speakers and simular quality equipement and cables.

Now its up and running i really enjoy music again!

Who would have thought that!

I have never seen a lot of other women enthousiastic about quality sound and music. Are there any in this group? Do your wifes experience the same as i did?

Wishing you all a very musical festive season,

A very happy wife,

Jasmine

djasmine
I suspect many men on this site are a bit jealous right now.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

We are creatures of passion. It is the type of music that makes all of us alike, not that sets us apart...Understand the person is to understand the music that person loves.. Not what you think they should like!!

A true partnership is based on no ones leads, but I will always follow and with great respect. My FIL taught me that... You show your respect by understanding and LISTENING, with your eyes....He use to say... Smartest person I ever knew, and the most loved..
Man could he Cha Cha Cha... A klipsch guy too, loved the horns...Corner horns... and valve amps... We have all his 78 collection... Wonderfully preserved..

Regards and with GREAT respect... Scotty
@corelli 
Not wanting to preempt the OP's response to your 'Perplexity' as to why women - in general - do not take the time to sit down to listen to a piece/pieces of music *at home*. 

It is a question of - conditioning - VERY POWERFUL CONDITIONING, as a home-maker, just not to sit about in leasure in ones house(hold) while there are *things* to do, we're learned and trained to do. 

This internalised training makes one most uncomfortable 'wasting time', as other household related things, ALWAYS will feel like to have a far higher priority. 

Being taken out to the opera, theater, or some other out of house venue will break this sort of 'spell' - which often is close to a self admitted kind of OCD behaviour. 

Even for a woman, after the end of a relationship, it is quite difficult to readjust and drop these 'old' habits. 

It's literally like learning how 'watching paint dry' - and believe me, THAT is seriously difficult, once you were trained, and to some degree supported by instinct (nest making), to change. 

I'm speaking from personal experience, 
Michélle 🇿🇦 
So much of high end audio is designed to exploit typically masculine traits. Bigger, better, faster, more. Endless dissatisfaction. Endless fretting over what we might be missing and what some other dude says about our stuff. Sure, women are susceptible to these sorts of things too, but typically not so much when it is technical.

My wife rarely listens to my main system. She does not know how to work it even though it is no more complicated than firing up the space shuttle.

She listens to the Sonos speakers I have placed around the house.

But, I recently inherited a pair of Aerial Acoustics 6T towers and she allowed them in our formal living room. For simplicity and minimal impact on the room decor I have them connected to the new Sonos Amp.

Lately, when I come home from work she is in the living room listening to the 6Ts whereas she rarely used that room before. No matter what anyone might suspect, the 6Ts sound lovely and compelling even with a Sonos Amp. She hears that.

And since there is little to no technical crap to deal with or look at, she is drawn to them and enjoys them.

So of course women can and do appreciate SQ. I think they are just less susceptible to falling for the BS that we men insert between the music and our ears.
Thanks for taking the time to post, Jasmine! 

When my wife and I were dating, her only source of music at home was her son's boombox.  She wanted to play a song for me, and it had these selectable tone settings like "rock", "country", "classical", etc.  It frustrated her because none sounded right.  She'd push the different buttons and say "this one's too muddy", "this one's too harsh", "this one has no bass".  We finally found a setting that was an okay compromise when a sock was stuffed into one of the ports (my high-tech suggestion). 

The first time she came over to my place, I had huge SoundLab electrostats in the living room (I'm a dealer).  I had warned her that they were bigger than doors and she didn't seem to mind.  Since she was a drummer, I put on a drum solo recording and hoped they'd win her over.  She loved them, and started playing air drums, explaining to me the nuances she could hear in the drummer's technique. 

I'm now a speaker manufcturer, and nothing goes out the door without her approval, as she has much better ears than I.  

Duke
With my wife and me it all began in 1968.  She had a Lear 8 track stereo in her Chevrolet which sounded worlds better than the squawky AM radio in my old beater.  That started the two of us on a search for better and better sound which continues to this day, more than half a century later.  We have listened to my DIY speakers for decades.  When I told my wife I wanted to build a pair of fully horn loaded speakers for our den that would include a pair of 18 cu.ft. folded corner horns plus midrange and tweeter horns out in the room she not only approved but also spent many hours helping me build them.  We both love listening to them.