Why is there no love for Prima Luna?

I have noticed fairly negative comments on Prima Luna in various discussions. Granted, I’ve never heard their gear but they seem to offer quite a value proposition. Point to point wiring, auto bias, protection circuits, easy tube rolling, good parts and build quality. I had considered looking into the Evo series integrated but the brand seems to be downplayed on this forum. Anyone have direct experience as to why?
cincyhound
Well, I'm a satisfied Primaluna Dialogue HP Premium Integrated owner.   I've tried many other tube amps in order from ARC D76A, ARC D76B, ASL-USA 845 SET, and now my PL.    The one piece of tube gear I didn't get to try that I wanted to was Raven Audio.  I auditioned a number of SS integrated amps as well and I really liked a few of them (Krell & Pass) but I couldn't see spending so much on the SS when I really liked the overall sound of the PL.    

I don't really care where its made.   I bought it in the US from US dealers who make US profits and pay US taxes.   Most of the equipment components from US manufacturers are made overseas (China) anyway.

Anyway, I've further enhanced my PL as I generally liked the sound by rolling in some different tubes and a SR Orange fuse.

The PL drives my XStatic EC/X full-range electrostatics wonderfully, though they could use a bit more power.

I guess why they make different equipment is because we all have different ears.   You should always trust your ears, not mine nor anyone else's.
Love my prima luna preamp.  Yes some guilt about not buying american, but the price is right.  Drives my carver tube amp and makes my Goldenear Ref’s  sing.  I support american when i can, but if everyone that knocks china products would do an inventory in their home of Chinese good, they too would find their money is going that way...
It depends on how efficient but there are tons of integrated amps $7K or under that will do the job.

One option is KR.  They are best known for their tubes, but they also make lovely amplifiers.  The KR V880 Integrated is a 50w integrated with a SS, Class A input stage and a KT88 based output stage.  
They make some darn nice amps.  
If you have more efficient speakers and don’t need 50w you could look at a SET.  Nothing from KR or Art Audio (I import both brands) is that inexpensive but Cary, Audion, line magnetic  and I am sure dozens of others are available in a sub $7k price range.  
Bought my PL preamp gently used and I don’t think I could be happier...pretty solid bang for the buck.
The Brits make damn good stuff...Linn, Tannoy, Sugden, etc...I love anything UK. Hardly anything I own HiFi wise says made In China...except maybe one of my Dacs that I seldom use.