Any truth to my feeling that MM carts are possibly better than MC on rock recordings?

I have an Ortofon Red on a Project Debut Carbon and a EAT C Sharp with an MC Ortofon Quintet Black. I have two systems and I've switched the tables between the systems and tried a few different scenarios and I hear a little more punch with the Ortofon Red. I know all things aren't equal here but I'm trying to explain this somehow. One system is Dynaudio Evidence Temptations with JC 1 Monos and JC 2BP Pre. PS Audio Stellar phono or a little Project MM phono. The other system is PrimaLuna 400 Evo Integrated with same phono stages and Salk Sound 3 speakers. The Project and Ortofon Red sound great to my ears. More punch and solidity of sound.
128x128bubba12
Doug Sax probably knows what’s he’s talking about.  I have so many cartridges, and I think $1100.00 is the most I’ve ever spent,  but the one that gets the most play time by far is an early 80’s Nagaoka MP11 Boron.  It does everything exceptionally well. At least to me, and that’s what’s counts.

N. 
I love experimenting with different cartridges and have recently ventured into the MC with the Hana SL. The Nagaoka MP 500 is an absolute fantastic MM for all types of genres including rock/metal.
I would not consider a cartridge that favored one genre of music over another.  That being said, there are excellent examples of all types of cartridges.  I tend to prefer low output moving coils.  I believe that lower moving mass tends to sound best to me.
Every cartridge designed for all genres of music, the rest is personal preferences.
As @zavato posted mastering engineers (disk cutting) are using MM because of their neutrality. I must admit that Doug Sax choice was the 881 stereohedron tip (not 681 elliptical ) from Stanton in the 80’s.
Regarding the lowest moving mass people should look for MI , but Technics made fairly low moving mass MM too. And not only Technics with its superlight Boron Pipe cantilever.