Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
beetlemania

Thank You for the follow up to my Fuse query. I concur, the stock fuse is plenty good enough for my ears. Across the other Audio forums, there is not much information about fuse exchanges in AYRE gear.

Happy Listening!
beetlemania

I enjoyed the recent review on the AX-5 Twenty via HiFi News & Record Review as well. Pretty remarkable that they chose 2020 to review/test this Integrated amp. 

Happy Listening!
A friend has revealed he has a pair of very rough thiel cs 3.6. Tweeters and a midrange driver is out iirc. What are the services available regarding the drivers on the 3.6?
Tomthiel
Hi Tom, happy to meet you on the forum. Do you have any solutions worked out for upgrading the CS 2.3? I have read in the past that something was done to improve the Xovers, but that was years ago and I don't remember what it was. Any info would be great. With my new electronics I feel like I have a new speaker. I am finally realizing how much this little 2.3 has to offer after 20 yrs.
Thanks,
Bruce
Brskie - good to meet you. Your point person is Rob Gillum at CoherentSource Service who worked at Thiel from 1988 through the present. It seems to me that there was a coax driver upgrade that people considered substantial and a couple of XO mods to accommodate it. Rob would know.
Beyond that, I am not working on the 2.3, but we could apply the general solutions we've found which include Mills MRA-12 resistors and ClarityCap CSA caps, especially in the coax feed position. Others here have done it and we recommend it for a DIY project.