Preamp recommendation

In the market for a new pre-amp and looking for suggestions. I know this is very subjective to one’s tonal qualities so let’s consider all options in the $2k range.

My current system is analog and I have no interest in digital. Currently running VPI Scout, Elac Alchemy PPA-2, Parasound A21 and Q Acoustics 3050i.

I’m leaning towards a used Parasound JC-2 or Wyred4 Sound STP SE, both in the price range. I had a previous post considering the Jolida or Vincent but have decided not to go hybrid based on inconsistent reviews.

Thoughts?
128x128vette5451
There a couple of Don Sachs tube preamps on the used market at just under $2000. They retail new for about $2500. They’re based on the Aikido circuit boards from VTA. You can build the same preamp, as a kit, but in a very plain case, for as little as $1100. VTA also offers that preamp fully assembled and tested for $1500.

The vta preamp isn't the same as the Don Sachs preamp. The vta is really good, but Don uses better caps, resistors and a better volume control plus I think he uses a different rectifier tube now.
Get the Parasound . I have a Rogue RP-1, and I wouldn’t recommend it for you . After upgrading to Telefunken medical grade 12AU7’s , isolation footers and a $250 power cord, it sounds good as a single ended line stage tube pre with my Schitt Yiggy DAC . But the headphone section is crap. I have a modded Thorens with a Grado cartridge, and I am not pleased with the phono stage , its noisy and needs a bit more gain .  So if you take the cost of the RP-1 and add $600 then how does the Parasound look ? In your system I’d get a quiet SS pre . Regards , Mike B. 
Don't be too quick to rule out building one from a kit.www.bottlehead.com has easy to build kits which outperform preamps costing thousands.