Most hyped turntable, tonearm, and cartridge?

Which turntable, tonearm, and cartridge do you think are most hyped?

One of my friends who owns Garrard 301, Thorens 124 and EMT ?? told me that those three vintage turntables are as good as one can get for the price points, beating most modern turntables costing under $10K. However, I've also read that Garrard 301 is over hyped.
My friend also insists that Ortofon RMG 309 tonearm and the original SPU Silver Meister (not MKii) are best for Garrard and Thorens. I wonder whether the Ortofon arm and SPU cartridge are over rated. 
Your thought?
128x128ihcho
There s something almost Zen about linear tracking tonearms. I am conflicted on whether they are better than a 12 inch or 9 inch tonearm. Many reviewers who listen and evaluate for a living seem skeptical. The added complication of air bearings and more things to go wrong alienate me and I doubt I could ever afford zero tracking error instead of tracking error so small it might not be worth the trouble. Are tangential tonearms hyped? I would like to read the opinions of others on this.
I don’t know about hyping, but I have 4 turntables, and can rank them in sound quality in my systems.
1. Pro-ject Signature 10
2. Pro-ject RPM 10.1 Evolution
3. and 4. tied:
  - Clearaudio Concept
  - Oracle Delphi V with Granite plinth
You can’t go wrong with a Pro-ject TT in the $3k to $4.5k range. I find that Hana, Audio Technica, Ortofon and Sumiko mc cartridges with mid to hi compliance in the $1k - $2k range work best..

With respect to linear tracking arms, I have some, albeit limited, experience. I used an Eminent Technology air bearing tangential arm on a Sota Sapphire table. No big deal. Sound quality no better than a decent pivoted arm. And the air pump, etc was a pain. I have been avoiding linear trackers ever since.
Rega planer 9 -  Kuzma Stabi XL - linn sondek (Although not rubbish as many claim)
@chakster  I heard the Nakamichi turntable with auto centering feature back in the 1980s at M&K Sound in Los Angeles.  At the time, it was the finest LP sound I had ever heard.  Dyanamic and without wow problems.  

I had a choice of a Linn table in 1981.  I purchased the VPI 19-1 instead.  It sounded better.  Then in 2005, I bought a fully loaded VPI TNT VI.  It sounded blah until I placed it on a Townsend Seismic Sink, then it became the table it can be.  I still use the VPI 19-4 for 78s and it is super dynamic.  Neither table is unattractive although the VPI 19 does look pedestrian but so what?