Ever Hear a Tube CD player?

I've read about Triode Corporation's tube CD player (circa 2007) and was wondering if a tube cd player sounded, well, good?
garthb309
Modwright used to do a tube-mod of the Oppo Disc Players. Sometimes you can find them used.There were 2 tubes sticking up on the top of the player and a new separate power supply box. I had one but sold it .
http://modwright.com/modifications/oppo-bdp83-and-bdp83se-mod.php
I've owned a PrimaLuna ProLogue Classic for over 3 years and like it.  Tubes consist of 2 each of: 12au7, 12ax7 and 5AR4. Sounds quite nice - very warm - although I did have a problem with the player not reading discs when it was new.  Fixed under warranty and no problems since.
I have an Ah! Njoe Tjoeb, but the drawer of the transport started wearing out after 10+ years of heavy use. Gave up fighting with it years ago, but was never really satisfied with its replacement. I’ve recently been thinking about dusting it off to see how it compares to my current streaming setup which certainly seems better than I remember.  
(Because you know I just couldn’t bring myself to get rid of it. Anyone have any experience replacing a transport?)
I have an oppo modwright 105 player (the one rgs92 is talking above) and am quite happy with it. TAS has review.

@aewarren yeah, the CD9 is a decent little space heater for sure. That big tube for the power source cranks. Why is yours Redbook only? Special model?