Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
bonedog - note that the original CS3.5 midrange does not have a foam surround, but rather a continuation of the cone paper infused with silicone. Be careful what you're using for a reference.
Bone dog my thiel 3.5 have the scanspeak 10f in them I think they sound great however I haven’t heard the originals because my thiels only had one working bass driver so all the drivers are bought from donor thiels that were too far gone to save I’m assuming 
The aq type 9 are a whole nother level of improvement over the cables I was using in the thiel system. Much more detail more open. Improved bass. @jafant 
In case anyone is interested, TMR just listed a maple pair of CS 2.4 speakers with outriggers for $1849 + $249 for shipping in the continental US.  Condition is listed as 8 out of 10.  Serial#  2727, 2728.

https://tmraudio.com/speakers/floorstanding-speakers/thiel-cs2-4-floorstanding-speakers-maple-pair-w...
bonedog

Welcome! Good to see you here. Keep us posted on finding a replacement driver.
I look forward in reading more about your musical tastes and system.
Happy Listening!