Oppression within the speaker industry and how it can be stopped?

As we all know, speaker companies have been oppressing us audiophiles for a very long time. The question is how it can be stopped? 

The insistence on ''flat as pancake'' response is only one example of this. Some companies offer a bit of a dip in the mids. But as we all know, if we weren't being oppressed we could CHOOSE whatever response we liked. 

The so called linkwitz riley 24db crossover and variations thereof is an evil device which has been going on for a long time in the speaker business. 

Butterworth 12db vilified as dip at crossover. QB3 BB4 ports. constant directivity. The list goes on and on. 

I have even attended speaker demos where I was prohibited from playing my own choice of music cds that I'd brought along. 

The wicked speaker industry must be stopped before its too late. We must demand maximum freedom of choice before THEY bully us into utter submission.
kenjit
Hmmm, I’ll have to ponder that for a while... You writing skills are getting better K.. How’s that?

Yea you’re right... Oppression though.. I guess I’m lucky, spend 89 days in a 4 ft by 4 ft cage, eatin’ cockroaches in your rice.
I became quite the Yoga Expert in that time..

Speakers... oppression.. hmmm, ain’t workin’ for me K. Let’s be a little more careful, AY.. Some may take offence...

But yea, there is a LOT of overpriced, boxes out there.. AND some really nice ones.. Mine for one (actually 2).

Tune your own box, that's what I use to tell all the girls/boys. :-)

Kmini, and KMAX will be up and running by spring...Be patient..

Regards..
For the record, if there is to much BOX tuning, or Flute playing.

We’ll have to tie your hands.. they’re not toys.. :-)

Man oh man am I bad..

Regards..
The fact that one can audition as many different speakers as one cares to seek out and listen to is, in the act itself, "custom tuning" the speakers to your ears. The eyeglasses analogy is only partly relevant; just as no two people have identical vision, no two persons have identical hearing. Further, with the glasses, there is not an infinite number of ways to configure the lenses (the design parameters reside among a limited range of "plus" and "minus" values) just as there are not an infinite number of ways to design a speaker; the design must be developed from an existing finite set of crossover parts. The notion of a "deep state" of speaker manufacturers is just another deep state of confusion.
I politely suggest that the test of whether or not one has too much time on their hands is whether they read and reply to these Kenjit posts.

I realize I have just tested positive.

Still, proof of concept.