Oppression within the speaker industry and how it can be stopped?

As we all know, speaker companies have been oppressing us audiophiles for a very long time. The question is how it can be stopped? 

The insistence on ''flat as pancake'' response is only one example of this. Some companies offer a bit of a dip in the mids. But as we all know, if we weren't being oppressed we could CHOOSE whatever response we liked. 

The so called linkwitz riley 24db crossover and variations thereof is an evil device which has been going on for a long time in the speaker business. 

Butterworth 12db vilified as dip at crossover. QB3 BB4 ports. constant directivity. The list goes on and on. 

I have even attended speaker demos where I was prohibited from playing my own choice of music cds that I'd brought along. 

The wicked speaker industry must be stopped before its too late. We must demand maximum freedom of choice before THEY bully us into utter submission.
kenjit
Any suggestions?

Hunger strike?
Marching and protests?
A sternly worded letter expressing disappointment?
Armed insurrection?
Suicide bombers?
Ask to speak to a manager?
A well aimed raspberry?
Oppression, Kenjit? I find that insulting and demeaning to groups who have suffered genuine oppression. Perhaps you should rephrase you original post so as not to retraumatize those who have endured genuine suffering. Does this make sense to you? 
For such "oppression" to be a reality, you must have a conspiracy or dominant monolithic power that controls the industry, which is simply the opposite of reality.  With a low barrier to entry into the market, there are hundreds of different companies offering a dizzying array of products.  You could devote your entire life to auditioning current and past models and I bet you would not be able to hear a tenth of what is out there.  And if there were such a "monolith," how can you account for their being so many of the the "evil" designs being employed? The existence of so many different designs is evidence of a complete lack of a controlled industry.  How can someone say there is such a variety of bad speakers and design out there and then say that there is no freedom of choice?
The existence of so many different designs is evidence of a complete lack of a controlled industry.  
When you go to to the opticians you expect glasses that have been TUNED BY HAND to YOUR eyes and your eyes only. You would not find it acceptable if they sold you a pair of glasses with lenses that were close enough for your particular vision, would you now? 

But that is exactly what the speaker industry has done to us and we have blindly accepted it. Harman and the like, have forced us to believe that flat is best. They knew they couldnt sell us custom tuned to our ears speakers because it was a business model that wouldnt work so they took away our rights and began extolling the virtues of flat as pancake designs. 

How do you know you dont need or want custom tuned speakers? Have you ever been given the opportunity to be involved in the tuning process of a crossover? No you probably have not. In which case, you dont know what youre missing. How many audiophiles resort to adjusting the sound of their speakers with changes in positioning, cables, tweaks, and all manner of other devices to no avail? Thats evidence that audiophiles are rarely satisfied with mass produced magicos and wilsons. CUSTOM TUNING IS the only way