Harbeth P3ESR vs the new XD

Has anyone compare the two as heard the old one and stores only have xd now. What is main difference in sound. One guy said they prefer original! Thanks!
kw6
Um, the distrubitor told me the xd is a better selling speaker and what MOST wanted in an upgrade. Have to find another speaker then if you want new, the older version has very few left. 
From dealer in michigan....david michael audio...

The Harbeth’s development team has, once again, redefined what is possible from this use anywhere loudspeaker. The completed redesign maximizes the performance potential of the Harbeth exclusive RADIAL2TM Cone Technology, the evolved P3ESR XD delivers breathtaking transparency, accurate bass and dynamic integration across the audio spectrum.

Arguably one of the most advanced speakers in its class, this mini monitor allows you to discover those transparent moments where you feel like you’re breathing the same air as the musicians on the recording.

The completed redesign is one of the most ground-breaking speakers ever released by Harbeth.

^It would have to be a significant improvement in clarity and detail to warrant such a statement.

I auditioned the “SE” variant not that long ago (a precursor to the 40th but essentially the same I was told), and even they were not that impressive in terms of resolution. I consider them a neutral, non-offensive speaker for low-level listening of low complexity music. Great for an office desktop system. 
Ok - visit your local Harbeth dealer and take a look at the New "IMPROVED" XD line - cheap manufacturing, really cheap looking and feeling to touch veneers, no more engraved plates but rather white stickers!!! $500 Quads from China has a better finish than whole XD line....did I mention MAJOR price increase in US???? Harbeth became a total joke in my eyes...terribly overpriced and overhyped.

If you really want pair, get Anniversary edition - they are discontinued BUT some dealers still might have a pair or two....as for difference in sound - NONE!!!!!
I own 40.2 Anniversary and my local dealer is a friend of mine so I had a chance to hear all models from XD line.....the whole change was done to charge EVEN more for same speaker - Alan is a BRILLIANT business man!