I've been dragged to recommendations, kicking and screaming

As a Tidal subscriber, every time I log in new hip hop artists are recommended to me.  Hilarious as I never listen to them, but lately I've been letting Roon play on and I'm discovering new artists and music I would not otherwise.

What's your experience been with online streaming and automated recommendation systems?
erik_squires
Amazon Music Ultra HD, automatically creates the following ever-changing algorithm/history based playlists that can be downloaded to up to 10 devices to play offline: My Mix, My Soundtrack, and My Discovery Mix. Also, auto-fill is on by default (can be switched off). Those, combined with all the other auto-generated playlists and stations makes for easy exploration and discovery on Amazon Music UHD. Switching from Tidal, subscription, it's nice to not be bombarded with rap and hiphop ads all the time.
Yes.  it's a lot of fun. Over the past few years, went from Spotify to Tidal to Qobuz and back to Amazon HD recently.  The self learning engine on a few of them is the best part of discovering or rediscovering music.  
@diamonddupree

You are right, the Tidal android app sucks, but through Roon it's usable.
Greig, Ravel, Vivaldi and Led Zeppelin=Radio Paradise.  Mostly rock and roll on this internet station.  The variety is unbelievable, cost nothing, and is programmed by real people.