I feel i have been done wrong by TMR..

The story I'm about to tell does not reflect in anyway any purposely wrongdoing by TMR.
I have dealt with TMR in the past and although there was a glitch, they went out of their way to rectify it and all ended well; so, I know they are good guys that practice good business. However, the other day I purchased, and by purchase, I mean moved into a cart and then pressed the pay button for a pair of Gallo speakers. To my surprise I received an SMS saying my card was charged on the one hand, and at the same time I've received a Message that the speakers have already been sold to someone else. This is the short end of the story; the full story ‏shows up a few posts below. I admit at first I've been very upset and I started this post in a different way, it parked a lot of reaction, most of it in favor of TMR which I find to be great, but the real question I want to ask and this is regardless of if it happened with TMR or with any other venue, is,  how can it be that once you move any product into a cart and press the pay button within a few moments the product can be sold simultaneously to another buyer? isn't there any smarter way to prevent such an incident which is obviously going to leave one of the customers disappointed and upset?

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xthesound
I bought a Musical Fidelity preamp that had a slight problem with the remote. When I called, they offered a discount to accept it. I am partially disabled so the remote was pretty important. They gladly took it back and gave me a great discount on a Parasound JC-2 that I wanted. They paid for all shipping. I thought they treated me well. 
I once told TMR hat they should upgrade their camera as their pictures were consistently gray, and unappealing. They didn't like it, and told me so. Since then, I have bought a few things from them and they have ALL been good experiences. Their descriptions are accurate, the ratings of the equipment they sell are fair and their prices are reasonable when compared to other resellers here (you know who you are).
Agree that gear should be tested if said so.

Testing gear thoroughly is not easy. The key word is thoroughly. Does even that mean there will never be any problems? No. But that should be the exception, not the rule, and a reputable company will make things right which by all account TMR seems to do in general.

I look at buying pricey gear from a professional and reliable source as an insurance policy as much as anything with the expectation that any issues that might slip through the cracks will be addressed. I am willing to pay a premium for extra insurance when it comes to buying pricey and often complex used audio gear.

I am very likely to buy from them at some point. If people know of better sources to consider, I am all ears for sure.

I have been burned buying pricey used  items from individuals somewhat here in the past, but luckily the name brand maker of the gear provided good and reasonably priced service and I was able to resolve the issue that way.
Hi Dan, since you decided to ask your question in public rather than reply to our questions directly, I'll go ahead and respond to you here as well. 

Regarding the transaction back in April of 2018 for the Metronome CD player. We all agree that was an inexcusable mistake. As such, we didn't make any excuses. We refunded you immediately and sent an additional $562 to cover your VAT and return shipping charges, and we also discounted your subsequent purchase. As an aside, we also moved the technician involved to another position in the company. As I said, that was an inexcusable error. We all agree on that.  

Regarding the transaction for the Gallo speakers, the simple explanation is that there wasn't a transaction. Merely placing something in your cart on our website does not hold the product indefinitely. There was no payment made. There is no history in our server logs for a transaction of any kind. In fact, the email that you sent us was a reply to an "abandoned cart email" which is an automated email that goes out from us when items are left in your cart. You never completed checkout - presumably because you were not happy about the sales tax shown in your cart for a New Jersey purchase. I assume this is why you inquired about shipping costs to Israel. But given that we are closed on the weekends, we did not respond to that inquiry until Monday - at which point the speakers had already sold elsewhere. 

Had you given us a chance to respond in full before going public with your grievances, we would have explained all of this and offered to help you find a product that would meet your needs. 

While I regret having to respond in this forum, I certainly don't fault you for being disappointed. We're all a little stressed out these days, and even minor disappointments can feel really big right now. Let's try to work these types of issues out together one-to-one in the future. We're on your side. Feel free to email me directly anytime if you don't feel like you're getting "fair" treatment from my customer service team - [email protected]

PS - we are launching an exciting new feature to our website later this year that will help everyone find the products they're looking for without worrying so much about "losing" your long-sought-after product to someone else. We'll have a "saved search" feature that will provide you with an email alert the moment a product is added to our inventory that meets your search criteria. Along with this, we'll be adding some great search filters that will allow you to more efficiently search the 1000+ certified pre-owned products available in our store. We're excited about launching this great feature in the next 60-90 days, but in the meantime, feel free to reach out to our sales team if we can help you find some great speakers - [email protected]

Josh Jackson, CEO
Josh/TMR....thanks for taking the time to respond here (I know that doing so can be a very slippery slope; )) ....Your thoughtful response is much appreciated. 

Do you or do you not pledge to (reasonably) test used equipment before selling...and further, is that not part of your value added?

The question is not meant to be snarky...honestly want to set expectations.

I definitely have not forsaken TMR....but would ask more questions before another purchase.