I feel i have been done wrong by TMR..

The story I'm about to tell does not reflect in anyway any purposely wrongdoing by TMR.
I have dealt with TMR in the past and although there was a glitch, they went out of their way to rectify it and all ended well; so, I know they are good guys that practice good business. However, the other day I purchased, and by purchase, I mean moved into a cart and then pressed the pay button for a pair of Gallo speakers. To my surprise I received an SMS saying my card was charged on the one hand, and at the same time I've received a Message that the speakers have already been sold to someone else. This is the short end of the story; the full story ‏shows up a few posts below. I admit at first I've been very upset and I started this post in a different way, it parked a lot of reaction, most of it in favor of TMR which I find to be great, but the real question I want to ask and this is regardless of if it happened with TMR or with any other venue, is,  how can it be that once you move any product into a cart and press the pay button within a few moments the product can be sold simultaneously to another buyer? isn't there any smarter way to prevent such an incident which is obviously going to leave one of the customers disappointed and upset?

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xthesound
I too had an experience with TMR that made me think that they did not fully test (as prominently advertised) before selling. Bought a preamp whose remote function was dead on arrival. Turns out that a necessary ground connection was MISSING. They did take care of the problem after shipping back to them, etc. but it was a big hassle (that could have been avoided).

People do make mistakes...but this kinda left a bad taste in my mouth....mostly because they imply they do extensive testing before reselling pieces (their premium prices also presumably take this into account). They could NOT have successfully tested the remote functions worked before shipping to me.

re. 100% positive feedback...for these high volume vendors...take it with a grain of salt...as in my almost 20 years of Agon experience....I’ve seen negative feedback come and go for some of them. I can’t be sure ...but suspect it would be harder for us individuals to “correct” negative feedback issues...

The OP has every right to post his experience as long as done factually and respectfully. Turns out his (and others) experience matches mine.
TMR cranks out a lot of used gear every week. Testing it all comprehensively would be very time consuming. I’d be shocked if nothing ever slipped through the cracks, so as a buyer I would always be leery and be sure to check things out thoroughly to confirm you got what you were sold no matter who the source. How often issues sneak through and what happens afterwards is what always matters with any vendor.

Buying used is always risky business, especially with older gear. I expect some sources to be more reliable than others especially when asking top dollar, but not perfect. One can only hope. It’s always perfectly reasonable to expect what is delivered is what is advertised.
I had my first TMR transaction last week. The Pass INT 25 arrived
yesterday. Flawless condition. Well it is too much to expect the remote
to be cleaned I suppose. Their double boxing the Pass box impressed 
me. They are apparently too busy for same day shipping. Not Amazon after all. On a scale of 1 to 100, with one hundred being the unobtainable
perfection no merchant can achieve but should always strive for, I will give them a 94. Soundman I dare say you were a bit unlucky. Also why not buy your gear over there? Prices are lower and freight would also be a savings. 
Mapman...as always, much respect...but, unless I inferred improperly...they represent themselves as a premium purveyor of used equipment...and stress that they test every piece.

If you look at my posts(e.g. cap replacement estimate), you’ll see I’m very much a pro-vendor...”cost of doing business” advocate...probably to a fault...however, to me, their prices seem an additional notch higher than a brick and mortar business selling used goods. The only reason I would pay more is getting that QC added value...else, why not wait for a reputable private seller.

Bottom Line...if they say they test used equipment before selling...they MUST do that...every single time.
I bought a Musical Fidelity preamp that had a slight problem with the remote. When I called, they offered a discount to accept it. I am partially disabled so the remote was pretty important. They gladly took it back and gave me a great discount on a Parasound JC-2 that I wanted. They paid for all shipping. I thought they treated me well.