The conclusion I've reached about speakers

After years of listening to box speakers the conclusion I have come to is that:

All speakers sound the same

A big speaker does more bass and goes lower. A bookshelf gives no bass and cant go as loud. 

Any other differences are either imaginary or DELIBERATELY contrived to make them sound better to the unsuspecting buyer.

The ONLY other differences aside from sound quality are the price and appearance. Prices can vary substantially and so can the way a speaker looks.

In other words, everything we thought about speakers is all wrong. 
kenjit
"If the speaker designer decided to do a 2db rise in response around 6-10khz you will hear more brightness. But that doesn't make it better does it? That doesnt justify the price being $50k does it? No it does not."

Maybe not, but the first sentence contradicts the original post.
If a designer can do that, and if you do hear more brightness as a result, then it cannot be true that all speakers sound the same. Furthermore, if the designer can engineer that difference in brightness, surely other differences can be designed, for example in bass response or directivity.
It's a separate question whether the SQ differences are significant enough to justify big price differences.

Just remarkable how Kenjit pushes his Pavlov’s Dogs button and like magic there they are bemoaning his existence again! Kenlit has fun and the frothing begins and I have to admit I am amused too. The "Audio Onion" strikes again.
  Is there such a term as audio foamers?
I am always hopeful when I click on one of his threads there will be zero responses to it. But, alas there always are.  
If you can't see the humor after, what this county just went through. I'm really confused now... I was before, NOW, I'm pretty sure I am hearing thing that aren't being said... YUP! I have gone crazy, ALL THE WAY..

Every speaker I hear is PERFECT, just the opposite of kenit, go figure...

Heck make the box, and leave the speakers out, those noise makin' things, that's the problem.. Just use the box.. :-)

Regards