I feel i have been done wrong by TMR..

The story I'm about to tell does not reflect in anyway any purposely wrongdoing by TMR.
I have dealt with TMR in the past and although there was a glitch, they went out of their way to rectify it and all ended well; so, I know they are good guys that practice good business. However, the other day I purchased, and by purchase, I mean moved into a cart and then pressed the pay button for a pair of Gallo speakers. To my surprise I received an SMS saying my card was charged on the one hand, and at the same time I've received a Message that the speakers have already been sold to someone else. This is the short end of the story; the full story ‏shows up a few posts below. I admit at first I've been very upset and I started this post in a different way, it parked a lot of reaction, most of it in favor of TMR which I find to be great, but the real question I want to ask and this is regardless of if it happened with TMR or with any other venue, is,  how can it be that once you move any product into a cart and press the pay button within a few moments the product can be sold simultaneously to another buyer? isn't there any smarter way to prevent such an incident which is obviously going to leave one of the customers disappointed and upset?

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xthesound
No retailer is above criticism. I’m sure TMR does a good job most of the time but everyone screws up from time to time. There’s no need to gang up and shout down someone who has had a bad experience with TMR. Listen to what he says and draw your own conclusions about TMR, but we should allow people to express opinions that run contrary to the majority.  Differences of opinion are healthy in public discourse and should be encouraged.
I had an exchange with a guy about an old McIntosh integrated that they wanted too much money for.  I told him it looked like it had been beaten with that axe in the Shining, and it wasn’t worth asking.  He stopped communicating with me, as I probably would have.  Responsive outfit nice people.
I have had multiple dealings with TMR. Both selling to them and purchasing from them. All transactions have been fair and any issues that did come up were handled properly.
Had similar experience with different company, Audioemotions uk, whereas I bought a pair of used Tannoy eatons at a great price on-line from their website, 2990 british pounds (about 3850 us dollars at the time). A day later I heard back from them that a salesman had sold them to someone in scotland in store. However, they felt terrible about it and decided to place an order with tannoy for a brand new pair of the Tannoy eatons (including 16 inch atacama stands!) For the same price as used, 2990 british pounds! So I guess my ending was a happier one. These speakers are $5500 per pair, so I’d say I got a terrific deal.
I have had numerous dealings with TMR involving new equipment with both trades and outright purchases. All handled perfectly. I think they did do right on refunding your $$ for the CD player. Who knows, it might have got damaged in shipping that caused the smell.

As for the speakers, I don't think TMR handled this correctly if you successfully purchased them. Basic online sales would flag the item sold and would have updated the inventory as soon as the PayPal transaction went thru. Pretty simple process. They could have validated your sale against the other buyer to see who hit the buy key 1st. Since they probably didn't ship the speakers out yet when you called, if they found out that you were the 1st buyer, they should have sold them to you. If you were the 2nd buyer, then the PayPal transaction should have never gone thru.